Trapunto Help

I ordered some 16-oz trapunto batting by Air-Tex, billed to be Karen McTavish's choice for trapunto. This batting IS good and thick, but my question is do I need to raise my presser foot to work on this stuff? And if so, how do I do this? How much do I raise it? How to get it back to where it was originally? I hate to change anything on my machine for fear I'll mess up what's not broke and not be able to get it back where it belongs!!

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. I was actually just revisiting your webshots drooling once again over your Rose of Cherie's and noticed that you used this batting on it, too. It really does a beautiful job of the trapunto, and if mine could look half as good, I would be thrilled! Your work is so beautiful; I so appreciate your sharing it and inspiring me to keep on practicing and working toward the goal!

I have started sewing on the trapunto batting with the vanish extra, and it sews alright, but moves a bit stiffly over it. If it doesn't hurt anything to do that, I think I'll just leave it alone then. If I get brave, I might try to raise the foot, as I don't want to be afraid of my machine :D, but I really hate to mess with a machine that seems pretty perfect!

Thanks for your help :)!!

Archived