I was at the MQX quilt show today and I have class tomorrow. Wonderful show. Saw your quilts Heidi and Teresa. Beautiful quilts. I can't believe your tiny feathers Heidi.

I went to an APQS roadshow in Albany, NY, and put a deposit down on a Millennium. For those interested the roadshow price ended up being $200.00 less than the MQX Quilt Show price.

Now onto my question. There are soooooo many thread colors. What colors do you use the most? If you are quilting a quilt and do not want to change thread colors, what neutral color do you use?

Deb.

Deb:

Pick you favorite thread maker, and ask them what are there most popular colors.  Then you can start with that and build.  I say build, because it always seems with me that on every project I have to pick up another color spool to match my fabric.  I have found lavender works well blending wth many different color fabrics.  I use it on some of the charity quilts I practice on.  Best of luck to you.  

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

My favorite is Filtec glide called Chestnut. Love love love this color. Looks great on a lot of traditional type fabrics. Also, filtec Sand. And both have the prewound bobbins! Woo woo!!!

160F23ED8561B6544806FF497F1BE92B.png

Sylvia Smith
www.dancingbearquiltingstudio.blogspot.com
APQS Sales Rep
Max Millennium - with Quilt Path  ... just me and Max, dancing as we quilt!

dancingbear@dancingbearquiltingstudio.com

It all depends on how you if you want your quilting (thread) to show.  I like grays and creams for blending.  Glide is my go to thread.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Thank you everyone. I bought a fair amount of thread. I only do charity quilts and quilt for myself. I mostly want threads to blend. I have several lap size quilt tops to quilt and in between I practice on thrift store sheets.

Deb.