Sign in to follow this  
T Row Studio

Oh My Gosh Quilt

Here is a totally insane quilt I made this year. It is called
Oh My Gosh by Sue Garmen
I did this as a challenge with my friend from Calgary we both completed the challenge and now can say we did the Oh my Gosh Quilt. The squares start at 1" and finish at 1/2" so the nine patches are finishing at 1 1/2". What do you think want to make a quilt with over 10,500 pieces? This is the pattern for you. Have a great day. Thanks for looking.

12963542_1785025371725752_88290927716826

Terry

I really like it, but I think know I would have quit before ever getting it half finished.  Great work, Terry.

Gail Olfert

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of times our breath is taken away

It looks wonderful.  Though the true dedication and persistence you had to put in to finish the quilt is not apparent from a distance when viewing the whole quilt.  The complexity and detail is only seen when viewed up close.  Thank you for sharing.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Looks great Terry!  I joined your insanity group a few years ago only I tried to keep(some of) my sanity by making the four patch equal 3 inches.  Also, I didn't have a pattern.  Unlike you, I haven't quilted it yet.  How did you  quilt yours?

D28907A6D426C1F636F2BF6F24BE7BF7.png

APQS Lenni Lover

After looking at yours again, I had to go look at mine again.  The four patch isn't 3 inches, the nine patch is.  That makes for a 9 inch block, which helped with the sanity issue :D.  The blocks made up fast though!

D28907A6D426C1F636F2BF6F24BE7BF7.png

APQS Lenni Lover

Looks great Terry!  I joined your insanity group a few years ago only I tried to keep(some of) my sanity by making the four patch equal 3 inches.  Also, I didn't have a pattern.  Unlike you, I haven't quilted it yet.  How did you  quilt yours?

Janice here is picture of the quilting I did on my Oh My Gosh quilt. I would love to see yours.

13015680_1785378251690464_40943911479264

13015680_1785378251690464_40943911479264

Terry

Terry, I like how you quilted this, and your border is so creative! Thank you for the close up.

Thanks Janice, the border I found on a fabric companies free patterns area it was around an Asian panel. I thought it was cool so I had to DO THE MATH and shrink it down to use 1 inch strips, it was a bit of a challenge but I got it to work and I think it framed it well.

Terry