Sign in to follow this  
Sheila S.

Skipped stitches.

Why would my machine sew fine and then skip stitches and go back to sewing fine. Also my top thread broke about three times and it looked like it shredded. Not sure what that is about. Any help would be appreciated.

Sheila:

If the top thread is breaking, I believe that you may have a rough spot somewhere between the spool and the needle hole or your top tension is too tight.  Here is al link to a long explanation of tension and needle flex (watch the video) which is probably causing skipped stitches between great stitches.  Best to luck to you twerking your tension.

http://www.apqs.com/adjust-tension/

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Depending on your machines age and how frequently you oil your needle bar. You may have bad needle bar bushings. Lower your needle bar to its lowest point and take hold of the needle set screw and see if there is any play side to side or back and forth. Zeke.

C9A05C30E468F98BDBF3AA2DFD951ECF.png

by the hour.........................

APQS Ultimate I/Compuquilter

Millennium

ztrbrg@yahoo.com

When I start quilting this morning I will put in a new needle and see if that helps.

My machine is fairly new, bought it in October 2015, but did not use it during December and January because of a trip to Florida.

Thank you for your comments.