Hartley base extender

Hi. I am thrilled to have a new Lucey and just started playing today. Sooo many questions.

Am I missing something in attaching my base extender? When I try ruler work in front of the hopper foot, it lifts up in the back.

Also, when I use the stitch regulator moving left to right, it sounds like it's "chugging"; struggling.

Any help is appreciated.

You're welcome!  Too much pressure on the ruler is what caused the tipping problem for me. 

You may want to call APQS about the SR issue, or post your question in the Ask the Expert section of the forum.  Kind of surprised no one else had chimed in yet.

I agree with too much pressure on the ruler.  I had that problem in the beginning also.  If you have not solved the SR issue I would suggest calling Dawn at APQS.  She has been very helpful when I had different issues.  I know this problem was discussed quite awhile back but can't remember what to do about it.  

There is a bit of a learning curve, but everyone is very helpful here and at APQS.  Hope things are working out soon.

Congratulations on your new Lucey!  Lots of fun ahead  :D

As far as your stitch regulator is concerned, one thing to check is what is your stitch length dial set at for number of stitches per inch.  If it is set too low (below 10), that will make the SR run very sluggishly.  I run mine somewhere between 10 - 12, depending on what design and finished look I am going for.  Another thing to look at is if you are getting good contact with the little black wheel of both of the SR's.  If the contact isn't quite enough, the wheel won't turn fast enough.  Look at your manual for your machine to see what I'm trying to explain.  If neither of these suggestions are what is causing your issue, then definitely give Dawn a call.

Good luck and welcome to the APQS family!   :)   

Congratulations!  You are going to have so much fun getting acquainted with Lucey!  Please show us your progress and ask your questions.  We all love to see how great you're bonding and there is usually someone available with a good answer when you have a question.

Thank you. I am having fun. I just broke a needle, which freaked me out. But, I'll calm down by tomorrow. Lots to lean.

It's great to know people are out there generously offering their support. That's quilters for you.

Jo

Archived