feather weight needle bar

Het kids. Zeke here. Today I spent a good part of the day working on two older sewing machine. One was a white 221 & the other a White Rotary 77. The 77 wasn't to hard to work on. Tension issues & oiling, then done. Now the singer 221 was a whole different story. I had to change out the needle bar and bushing. What a pain in the keyster. Ended up hammering out the bushing with the old needle bar since it was toast anyways. Started out using a hunk of wood to start the new bushing in place from below. Got to a point that all the wood was doing was splitting. Next phase. Channel locks and a very hard piece of plastic. From below I pressed the bushing in the rest of the way. That took about 55 minutes. For the next 4 hours I had to hone out the bushing to except the needle bar properly. I used a piece of rolled up 600 grit emery paper. Such fun I had. Good thing I had some music to listen to. I finally got the needle bar in & re-timed the machine. I found some scrap fabrics & started to sew. It's always nice when things work out at the end. I put it back in it's case and started to clean up. It's time for a Redds strawberry ale. Yum. Zeke.

I'll have to dig that info up. I know I didn't throw it out. It's somewhere in my stuff. I do know i found him on eBay.

And Carol, I guess I'm just good fixing things. Always have been. Once when I was about 5 my pop gave me his inoperable big Ben alarm clock to play with. When he returned from his flight back east I gave it back to him with 5 or 6 gears that didn't make it back in the clock. It worked and kept perfect for about another10 years. Who would have guessed, uh. Zeke.

• 2 months later...

We bought a New Home, Memory Craft 7000, mainly for the custom built oak cabinet, which has the swing out and up shelf for the Serger.

What a Honey.  But for the Ruby, its the best machine I have.   All the others are used machines.. when I bought them..    :lol:

Archived