Better than diamonds

Yesterday Mike (DH) wanted to take me out to breakfast. I told him what I really wanted was to have my drawers from Ikea put together. Well, he made me breakfast. He worked all day to get the drawers put together and he took me and Makayla (GD) to Carl Jr's for dinner (she only had 30 minutes before she had to be at work). I told him this was better than a pair of diamond earrings.  It was a great Mother's Day.

I got them at Ikea...a five hour round trip for us.  I bought six of the shorter ones and two taller ones.  Some went into my office and the others went under my longarm.  I planned for five under there, but I forgot I had an electrical receptacle put in the floor and of course, it's right in the way of the fifth cabinet.  I found another place for it and it looks great. The picture only shows three cabinets, but there is actually four under there.  I left the wheels off of these because they were a tad too tall.  I could have raised my longarm, but this was simpler.   

Last week I got rid of my large ironing board and replaced it with this nice cabinet.  Then I recovered my big rectangle wooden ironing board top and look how good it looks.  So much more functional than sitting on top of the ironing board.  I have a place to put all my ironing stuff out of site.  Yay!

Now I really need to get it straightened up and organized so I can start sewing again.

I just looked them up. Not a bad price. I'm curious what you can store in them? The site doesn't say how deep the drawers are. Would they be deep enough to hold cones of thread?I think these would be wonderful under my longarm too. unfortunately I have no IKEA near me and have only been to one in Orlando.

I just looked them up. Not a bad price. I'm curious what you can store in them? The site doesn't say how deep the drawers are. Would they be deep enough to hold cones of thread?I think these would be wonderful under my longarm too. unfortunately I have no IKEA near me and have only been to one in Orlando.

Ann I had my husband make wooden dividers to hold my So Fine cones.   I also store my pantographs and rulers in these cabinets.

post-3485-0-49595000-1462926962_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-15656600-1462926973_thumb.jpg

Ann, each unit has six drawers. Three of them are 3" deep and three are 4" deep.  They are 24" wide and 17" deep.  So very nice.

Each of the shorter wider ones.  If you want measurements of the two tall ones I can do it tomorrow.

Archived