T Row Studio

Large day and night quilt done

​Here is the large version of Kay's Day and Night  quilt. She added some large borders to the top and bottom of her quilt, this did add some fullness that I needed to deal with. I was able to to use my steamer to shrink up a good portion of this fullness before I quilted it. The large white areas were a challenge for me. It took me a long time to figure out how to divide and conqueror them . I am please with how they turned out and she was thrilled. Thanks for looking.

13221111_1798827913678831_74681562506246

Terry

I like the square outline pattern on the border.  That had to have taken some planning to get it to work out properly.  

Cagey

Not to bad I made a cardboard template that was the size of the spacer square and punched a hole for the inside line and a notch on the outside line then only put dots, using air erase purple markers where the line changed directions. This made it easy peasy I  marked as I went along.

Terry

I can't believe that fullness steamed out.  Love the border design.  Never thought to make a template with the holes.  Thanks for the tip.

Thanks Libby. Yes I am surprised at how well the steam works and the template works so well, I only have to measure once.

Terry