Older Millie's vs Newer Millie's

Can someone tell me what some of the improvements have been on the newer Millie's vs say a Millie 10 years old?  I see a lot of machines around 10 years old for sell and I know some are just upgrading but I was just curious if it was worth all the extra money for those improvements.  Well, I guess the improvements are worth it or they wouldn't be spending that kind of money for the newer machines.

Thanks

David

I personally like the mushroom handles. I do, however, love the LED lights, which my 2009 Millenium has. These machines are workhorses, and I would not discount a 10 year old machine. It makes a difference if the machine was used in business or just for personal use, and if you plan to use it for business or personal use. Thread break sensor and low bobbin indicator are not important to me personally either. Quilt Glide, however, is very important to me.

Many beauful competition quilts were quilted on a previous generation machine. Yes, they lack a few bells and whistles, but still have the amazing stitch quality APQS machines are known for. I would not hesitate picking up an older, even vintage APQS machine. These machines are built to run 24/7.

I agree, the older machines are great.  If you get a used machine from APQS factory,  they go over them with a fine tooth comb and upgrade some of the inner items (grease, belts, etc).  I love the LEDs which I believe came out in 2009, because that's the machine I have.  A lot of us get the upgrade bells and whistles because APQS usually offers them at a crazy price that can't be turned down.  Then there's some of us that just "has to have it".  You can bet that the "used" machines were used and taken care of with "tenderness".

Archived