A lot of noise in my Millenium

Is the fat sack that comes with the new machine when shopping must place when you assemble?

It has a year and has started to make a lot of noise. Clean with WD40 and grease up the bobbin case and the wicks when needed, but still sounds a lot.

Leida,

By fat sack do you mean grease that goes into the area under the bobbin?  I understand that you have had your machine a year and that you use WD40 and oil the bobbin case and the wicks but the machine is still making a lot of noise.  My Millie is a 2008 and there is a black rubber plug under the bobbin area.  If the grease in that area behind the plug needs to be replaced the machine will make a noise.  If that is the problem it is OK to use the machine.  You can order the grease from APQS. Perhaps your APQS representative in Madrid can help you?

Leida:

It may be your gearbox.  Here is the instructional video as how to repack it.  Watch the first minute and see if that is your problem.  If so, it sounds like you can run the machine for a good while before you have to repack it.  Amy says in the video that 90 percent of the work of the grease is to reduce gearbox noise.  http://www.apqs.com/instructional-videos/?watch=QpcnAHeJP4s  It seems like getting the head off the table is the hardest part of the job.

Cagey

Archived