Deep Appreciation.

First, I want to Thank You all, for the kind thoughts and prayers you have offered up on my behalf.

Second, I also deeply appreciated all the encouragement, and of course, friendships, that have been gathered here.  It helps so very much.

I won't be having any surgery or treatments on the spine which is both ends of cervical and the lower lumbar/sciatica, which may be the same.

Another case of false hopes being given out.

The pulmonologist said he would ok me for surgery, and he did.  It just is for Same Day surgery, which just isn't done when fusing several vertebrae.

Laser spine just won't touch me.  Not so sure why, and frankly at this point I just don't care.

I'm tired, frustrated, depressed, and pulling myself up of the black pit of hell, and will just keep going.

I've had this pain since 1980, so can make it several more years!

Our Lord can help me thru this.

Thanks again, and God Bless,

rita

Rita:

While things may appear dark at this time, you should speak with your pulmonary doctor and ask how you can improve you lung function so that you will be able to undergo a more lengthy surgery.  In this day and age, doctors can no longer be doctors, with lawsuits always on the edge of every case.  There is always hope in everything we do, and one must always look beyond "No" to discover what is truly possible.  Surviving trials and tribulations is what makes us stronger and appreciate life.  I am sure if you reconsidered things, life could be worse.  Only you can try to look on the wonderful things you have been blessed with, and move on from there.  "Woe is me" is out, and "Wow, I can beat this" is in!  

Best of luck and God Bless.

Cagey

Rita,

So sorry to here this news about you. I will certainly be praying for you and also praying that some procedure will come along that will be just what you need. Our God is in control. Lots of prayers going out for you.

Although the I am a fairly new quilter I have enjoyed this forum and all the help I have received even without asking a question. When I have a problem I look it up on here and find out someone has also had the same problem, so I learn from what others have posted. This is a great family on this forum and I am very thankful for the all.

Sheila

Rita,

Will keep you in my prayers as always.  Pain is no fun for anybody and I'm sorry you can't get any relief from it.  I'm 5 months into this knee surgery and the pain is no fun.  Funny that it isn't my knee that is bothering me.  I'm very thankful the sciatic pain is under control, that was no fun at all and I'm sorry you can't get the relief.  I try to remind myself when I'm having a better pain day to enjoy it and make the most of it.  I understand how easy it is for depression to sneak in but fight it!  Try to do small things that make you happy and don't let it win out.  I know that is easier said than done but you just have to take it One Day at a Time and try to concentrate on the positive things.  Hugs to you my friend!

So sorry to hear about your pain Rita. Maybe you could get another opinion. Have you talked to an anesthesiologist at a pain clinic? Sometimes when surgery is not an option, a pain clinic might be. I hope that someone can help figure this out. God bless.

Oh, Thank you friends..

I have contacted everyone I can think of east of the Mississippi. They want to see the most recent MRI. It's been sent. Permission for record access has been given, complete list of Dr.s I see and their speciality.

Then the condolences, sorry we can not help you. Anesthesia is too risky for this proceedure, which cannot be accomplished in same day surgery (or one of several names for same day surg.)

I'm tired of trying, and spending far too much time on the internet and Phone, when I don't move as fast or as accurately as I did 2 years ago, or longer when the cervical became a problem.

I've quilting and piecing to do, rearranging things after the painting is done, trying to get all inspections before we run out of time, is becoming more than I can comfortably handle. (We are refinancing).

It's up to me to keep an eye on painting and repairs, get then lined up in the mst efficient way.

I have to keep or get the supplies we need t do a certain job. Make sure he does have nails, bolts, etc., befre we leave to buy supplies etc.

I've been asking what causes the bumps all over my arms, for about 5 years, and finally saw another dermatologist who knew, explained and prescribed, and I feel better knowing it's just thin skin, meds for plantar warts starting on the feet too. I was told over and over that they were infected hair folicles or sweat glandand wuld heal themseles and given nothing to try... they are hair folicles, but not infected.

What a relief to find someone who is serius about her mdical field and helping patients.

Anyway, we now have 33 names of guys waiting for Quilts of Valor, and it's taking far toolong to get them mad. AT our rate, it will tae us about 5 years. Too long..

We were given baskets and baskets of fabric some precut to a rough 6" not candidates for QoV, so they are going to the Safe House, and Homeless and to the Foster Child Program.

So, too much to do other than try to search out a Dr.

As I said, I've had this pain starting in 1980. 36 years, so like Mary, (who was 84 when they replaced her hip, and she said the day after surgery, ot was the first day in her life tat she cou ld remember not having pain.

If she could go 84 years, I can keep going.

Now If I may close with a funny:

A little boy's dog had puppies. A few days later he saw a neighbor who was a Baptist preacher, and offered to show him the puppies, and the preacher agreed, and upon seeing them said, "They are fine Baptist Puppies"

A couple of days later the pupppikes eyes were open. He saw another neighbor who happened to be a Methodist preacher. The boy and the Methodist were chatting as they went to see the puppies.. While chatting, the Baptist preacher showed up and began chatting with them.

When the M preacher saw the Puppies he exclaimed and said "My! What wondewrful Methodiast puppies." to which the boy replied, "Yup!"

Hearing this the Baptist preacher said, "I thought you told me yesterday that they were Baptist puppies! Why are they now ethodist?"

Said he, "That was before they saw the light"

Any religion can be substituted, and I have only chosen these 2 because I've been a believer nder both religions.

I mean NO hurts insults etc to anyone or any thing, church, etc. It's just cute.

Hugs around.

Rita:

Since your shared and are looking for a laugh, I though you might like this one.  Just let your husband start looking for a doctor for your ailments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_qwjcxwUqw

I wonder if she took him on one too many fabric hunting trips.  It must be a theme with this our local paper yesterday.  Be careful allowing your husband to find a doctor for your ailments. 

post-65706-0-15352600-1465514461_thumb.jpg

Take care, and God Bless.

Cagey

• 1 month later...

Rofl, Cagey,  I thought I replied to this.. so when I checked it out, all I could find was your response, and couldn't remember what it was.

I'll catch him in a good mood for watching this.

Update to all else.My arm and foot are still healing from the hammer handle, and then my Go-Go, upset.

Now he has to finishing pulling the trash, piles and piles of boxes, and "things that might come in handy"  to sort and trash.

I told him I would do it for him or he could do it, but there would be NO Hoarding!  He even had a Minn. road map from 1991.

That should give you the idea.

We have finished the floors and trim, the painting of walls, not the kitchen cabinets and cup boards, nor most of the woodwork,

the siding is on, the deck is finished but needs the one handrail installed.  Corners, ends and joints all need sanding and where nail holes are.

I'd still like to paint the house trim, and do have to finish the kitchen cabinets, and it would be wonderful to have it all done..  but it's slow when

it's in his timing.

There are retaining walls on our drive, one above and the other below.. they are beginning to show wear, and where an oak is letting it's

root push the rails out of place.  We also need some basic landscaping.  an a Tick killer.  they are dropping out of the trees.. A real problem.

We passed all inspections with compliments on all the work, and feel real good about that.

We still need one large oak taken out and 7 or 8 very large branches cut away from the house.. That's on hold for another month or so.

I told the neighbor, Buddy, that it looks like our trees have come to a push and pull contest.  Our tree branches are pushing over his power lines..

and his tree roots are pushing  our retaining wall apart.

Archived