NQR Need more prayers for EM

My daughter just called to ask for more prayers for EM (age 14). Thanks to all your prayers she had made it through three rounds of chemo and was in the hospital waiting to go home for a few days before the last round of chemo. Last Thursday everything looked good with the blood counts. She caught an infection and has been put into an induced coma as the infection is impacting her lungs, blood pressure and heart. They are waiting for some special medicine. Her mother said it was 50/50 at the moment.

The family believes in the power of prayer and thanks you for your recent prayers.

Wed. 6/15 update. EM underwent 4 hr surgery to place her on ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) Extracorporeal means the blood circulates outside the body with the help of a machine. Membrane Oxygenation referred to as "artificial lungs". This is to allow the lungs to heal and assist the heart if necessary. Also still on ventilator and still induced coma. Tube to drain stomach, tube to feed over intestine. Add dialysis to assist kidneys remove all the fluid. Blood and platelets are also being given. They are assuming this may last 3-4 weeks.

Thank you for the prayers that helped her make it through surgery.

UPDATE;6/22 Yesterday the ECMO machine and dialysis were removed. Her lungs appear to be clearing. She is alert and wanting the ventilator tube removed which they hope to do today. Your prayers have been answered.

Good News 6/28 EM has been moved out of ICU back to a regular hospital room. She will be getting physical therapy to overcome the effects of being in ICU/induced coma. Then she has the 4th round of chemo to face. Thank you for you continued prayers.

My daughter just called to ask for more prayers for EM (age 14). Thanks to all your prayers she had made it through three rounds of chemo and was in the hospital waiting to go home for a few days before the last round of chemo. Last Thursday everything looked good with the blood counts. She caught an infection and has been put into an induced coma as the infection is impacting her lungs, blood pressure and heart. They are waiting for some special medicine. Her mother said it was 50/50 at the moment.

The family believes in the power of prayer and thanks you for your recent prayers.

Wed. 6/15 update. EM underwent 4 hr surgery to place her on ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) Extracorporeal means the blood circulates outside the body with the help of a machine. Membrane Oxygenation referred to as "artificial lungs". This is to allow the lungs to heal and assist the heart if necessary. Also still on ventilator and still induced coma. Tube to drain stomach, tube to feed over intestine. Add dialysis to assist kidneys remove all the fluid. Blood and platelets are also being given. They are assuming this may last 3-4 weeks.

Thank you for the prayers that helped her make it through surgery.

Still praying for Em.  I hope you and your family are finding comfort in knowing others are praying.  I'm sorry she has to go through this.  My friends daughter was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago.  She was 16 and going into her SR year of HS.  She had a dinner place size mass in her chest.  Chemo and radiation saved her life.  Today she is thriving and such an inspiration!  I pray the same for your Em!

Archived