Omigosh it's done!!!

Hmmm, wish I could post more than one pic at a time. And I'm not sure how to get another pic on this thread since I don't see the BROWSE button anymore, so bear with me...

What a fun day I had yesterday!!! I got to spend the afternoon with Michael and Kay from Circle Lord (I'm lucky enough to only be an hour or so away!!!). They came over for a play-date so we could try out the new Swirls template on my quilt...we wanted to see if it would work out on a smaller machine (like my Liberty). We managed ok and the quilt looks great. Michael will have to modify a bit to accommodate the smaller machines...you could see the smoke coming out of his ears as they left...the wheels were already turning!!! It turned out to be easy to use once you got into the "groove" ..haha...the design really covers the space well.

I know I'm sounding like an info-mercial for Circle Lord...no affiliation, just a happy customer!!!

I wish my pictures were a bit better, but I'll get the hang of it in time...I'll try to attach more...hmmm, maybe I post this and then edit it???

Sandra:P

post--13461898043494_thumb.jpg

It would be cool if someone else tries this quilt...let me know if you do, you'll have so much fun. I can hardly explain the excitement you get when it's finally done and see how it sparkles!!! Well, actually I could explain, it's just a little too risque for the forum !!!

Sandra

Wow! I really like the circles or is it spirals? anyways really keeps the quilt moving! Great job...BTW I don't remember reading this but who ends up with the quilt now that it will be finished (once binding is attatched)? I remember you said it was a group type project.

Joann

It's my quilt! When I said it was a group, I only meant that a few of us are making the quilt ~ but everyone is working on their own.

My friend and I saw the quilt made up at the Needlework Festival in Toronto in the fall and we couldn't get over it...kept coming back again and again to look, so we finally bought the pattern. We brought it home and right away three of our friends were so enthralled that they had to start one, too! This past week one of my good quilting customers saw it when they came over and loved it...she called me later in the day to say she'd made a teeny 9-patch and now she's hooked!!!

I was just going to meander the quilt...I didn't want anything too busy that would compete with the quilt (do you know what I mean?). I think the Swirls really compliments it. I can't wait for someone to drop in so I can show it off!!!

Beth....it's called Omigosh!!! and, yes, Swirls is the newest giant template...where Michael comes up with these new patterns all the time is beyond me...all I can say is ~ keep 'em coming!

Patty....hope you have as much fun as my friends and I are having with it!!!

I missed this, which pattern is it? This is absolutely lovely!!!

Thank you!

""The quilt is called Omigosh, designed by Susan H. Garman, distributed by Quakertown Quilts Inc., there is a website on the pattern "kinshipandkompany.com". ""

Found it....

I had a lot of fun on Monday. Michael and Kay are great...very sharing people. On this forum we learn so much from each other but really we are somewhat alone in our craft, so to have them over and exchange ideas was great! Funny thing ~ the first thing they noticed was that my machine was dragging and hard to move...who knew???? They wondered how I could quilt with it...but I didn't know any different!!! Michael wouldn't rest til he figured out what the heck was going on. Took a while to pin-point the cause, but now it floats like a feather. I said I was going to have to learn to quilt all over again! I've always wondered why I couldn't seem to get the hang of some things, like outlining applique. Figured it just wasn't my strength....but maybe when I give it a try next time I'll succeed ! :)

What it all boils down to is this ~ if you can manage to get together with others and just have a gab-fest, you can really learn a lot...little tecqniques that you may take for granted may be something totally new to someone else!

Thanks again Michael and Kay for a nice afternoon!!!

Sandra:P

Sandra,

Beautiful...I really want to try this one for sure. It is on my "to do list".

Ya know, you probably have great muscles in your arms and won't need to worry about what my DH calls "Oprah arms" :D

Thanks for sharing - love it!!

Mary Beth

Patti...

One of my back wheels was rubbing against the stitch regulator...we put a washer in there to separate them and it made a difference.

Thanks for everyone's comments! I can't wait to take it for show and tell at our guild meeting Monday night.

• 1 month later...

I just finished quilting my friend's Omigosh quilt...beautiful! It is the same but different than mine....her colours are more clear and she used a scrappy background. She also used a black border, then a sawtooth border (fantastic!) and finally another black border. This is done just in time since our guild is hosting our show next week....soooo, if anyone is in the neighbourhood please join us!!! The show is being held in Caledonia, Ontario. I look so forward to this event...love seeing the people wandering about and hearing their comments! The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the fact that there will be quilts hanging that I quilted up to 2 years ago, and I'm afraid that a real difference will show in my expertise from back then to now. Do us women ever stop worrying????:(

You guys make me laugh.... Operah arms and Bingo Flaps lol lol lol lol

I needed that! thanks

Seriously though the quilt is beautiful. I love the movement that the swirls templat creates. I've ordered mine and its on its way. So looking forward to its arrival. You're very lucky to have Mr and Mrs CL live close by. Very nice people to deal with.

cheers and enjoy your quilt

Archived