Little Monsters in Pink

Here's my latest project.  It's a Little Monsters quilt in pink for a nephew.  His mother assured me that pink is really his favorite color, so I picked the most manly shade of pink I could find for the background.  The monsters and the circles in the main body are all fusible web applique with lots of trapunto.  Minkee on the back with a thick poly batting.  Quilting is fairly light, mostly outlining the applique shapes to pop the trapunto.  

It's my hope that he plays hard with it, and it gets washed until it falls apart, which I'm sure it will do eventually.  If it makes him smile I'll be happy.  :-)))

post-4164-0-72874800-1467668352_thumb.jpg

post-4164-0-83851800-1467668372_thumb.jpg

post-4164-0-50020800-1467668386_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Happy 4th!

Love that quilt.  I just call it pink and I'm one of those guys that loves pink.  Pink and blue are my favorite colors.  Now since you asked.....you know how you get those pieces of useless information in your head and they just linger there....well did you know that pink was for boys and blue was for girls until the early 1900's when for whatever reason they changed.  Finally I get to share that piece of useless info I've had stuck in my head for years.  I guess maybe it wasn't so useless.

Love that quilt.  I just call it pink and I'm one of those guys that loves pink.  Pink and blue are my favorite colors.  Now since you asked.....you know how you get those pieces of useless information in your head and they just linger there....well did you know that pink was for boys and blue was for girls until the early 1900's when for whatever reason they changed.  Finally I get to share that piece of useless info I've had stuck in my head for years.  I guess maybe it wasn't so useless.

Thanks for the trivia lesson David!  Funny how these customs evolve.

When first looking at the picts, my thought was "How can they call those cute guys 'monsters."

I don't see your quilting as tight or heavy.  Just right to let all show and pop as you intended.

Thanks for the grin for the day.  It's great to start out with.

Archived