The Storytellers

This is a block of the month quilt from a local quilting store.  I used So Fine and Bottom Line.  It's a new customer who made it for her cousin.  She's now making one for herself and I'll be quilting it.  When I do, I'll change one quilting design.  It's the blocks around the center.  I put individual wreaths in them, but didn't use the right color thread and you can't see them.  So I'm going to put the same type of feathers that I did in the cream background across the entire section.  

27585067633_e3c147324e.jpgThe Storytellers by Libby G, on Flickr

28122835871_2c79335da0.jpgThe Storytellers by Libby G, on Flickr

28122844371_c6b4ce6ae5.jpgThe Storytellers by Libby G, on Flickr

28166756046_6f98761e54.jpgThe Storytellers by Libby G, on Flickr

I just started making this quilt! It's a BOM through Keepsake Quilting. I've done the first two blocks, so I have 10 more months before I get to quilt it--gonna save these photos though--some great ideas in there for quilting mine!

By the way, the best part of this BOM is that they send way more fabric than what is needed to make the blocks. I'll have a lot of leftover fabric!

• 4 years later...

You did a beautiful job on this quilt! I have a question for you. I began this quilt a few years ago and I had most of the blocks finished. In Jan. of 2017 I had a fire in the apt. I was living at, and I lost my blocks 8,9 and 10. I've recently pulled out the other blocks, wanting to finish it up. I've tried to find the instructions for the missing blocks but I've been stymied so far. If you have the instruction sheets for block 8, 9 and 10, would you be willing to copy them and send them to me so I can get this quilt finished? I have the fabrics for the blocks already, so that isn't a problem. I just need the pattern instructions.

TYIA

Susan

Archived