Lord of the swirls!!

The Circle Lord RULES!! I recently added another of Michaels giant templates to my inventory and took a little me time today to use it on a top I pieced awhile ago. Talk about fast, fun and accurate...you could darn near quilt it blind! I love the way this turned out and actually get to use it again on a customer quilt. In fact, I have 3 quilts from the same client and I will get to use my Giant Clam, my Baptist Fan AND the Giant Swirls!!! Ka-Ching!!!:D

post--13461898048453_thumb.jpg

Sherry, that's absolutely delightful! What an effective pattern on this quilt. It reminds me of the twirly windmills we used to wave around as kids.

I'm going to browse the Circle Lord website, again, to look at all the different templates. Thanks for sharing!

Carolyn

Oh, Sherry, that looks great! If I hadn't already ordered mine, I would absoilutely order it now! Mine was shipped UPS and I'm tracking it, feels like I'm a kid tracking Santa's sleigh on Christmas Eve! hahahahaha I love the look of the different size swirls, which make it appear random and not so mechanical. I have several quilts ready to go when it arrives next Monday.

Guest Linda S

Oh that's beautiful! I may have to add swirls to my inventory. I just love getting a quilt done in very short order and not being able to mess it up, no matter how hard I try! ;)

Linda

Sherry -

How right you are! I took a couple of "swirled" quilts to my BEE yesterday after receiving my giant template a week ago. What a hit! Two orders for the swirls before 9:15! If anyone is looking for a easy-peasy-breezy pattern with lots of movement, this is it. Thanks, Michael - you've done it again.

georgia

Sherry, that's a great quilt treatment! I'm a newbie to the Circle Lord and just love the things it can do. Would you please share with us any tips on how you keep the giant templates in place on your table and also any tips on lining up the quilt top with the stylus when you advance the quilt? I think I spend more time than should be necessary moving to the next row and might just be missing something.

Thanks!

Patty

Hi Patty

I just put a few pieces of painters tape at each end and along the edge and it stayed in place throughout the quilting. Using the rubbermaid shelf liner on the back of the templates also works really great, I recently bought a roll that has an adhesive backing but used it to line my kitchen cabinets (imajine that) As soon as I get more, I will use it to line the back of the swirls template.

Michael has added a little spacing dot after the second row of this template. This makes lining up a breeze. I drop the stylus into that dot and then drop the needle down in the fabric. Now just raise the stylus and advance the quilt until the stylus lines up with your first row. It is very quick and easy. Oh, I also added some arrows on the template to remind me where to quilt the fillers....they are very easy to miss otherwise!

Hope this helps, holler if I can help you further.

Originally posted by pstagl

Sherry, that's a great quilt treatment! I'm a newbie to the Circle Lord and just love the things it can do. Would you please share with us any tips on how you keep the giant templates in place on your table and also any tips on lining up the quilt top with the stylus when you advance the quilt? I think I spend more time than should be necessary moving to the next row and might just be missing something.

Thanks!

Patty

I am working on another "swirled" quilt right now...it's looking good! I've been afraid of starting this quilt since I think it's the most beautiful quilt I've ever seen and I've been afraid to touch it. We had decided on random sized spirals with my CL template...then along came the giant Swirls!!! What timing!!!

The quilt is called Cinqo de Mayo, designed by Karen B Stone...I'm going to have to find the book that features this quilt! Although...I do paper-piecing when I have to but it's not my favourite thing to do and this whole quilt is paper-pieced.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow when it's done............

Well, I did it, thanks again Sherry! I don't have th giant spirals yet, but I used my giant baptist fan on this spools quilt. I ended up with all the blocks at my guild's retreat up in Wisconsin--Homestead Cabin, great place.

post--13461898051607_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived