NQR Twins are here - prayers please- update new picture pg 2

Update:  Landon is still in the hospital but not closer to surgery yet.  We noticed yesterday that he was much paler than he has been.  He isn't eating as well as they want him to so they are keeping him until he eats more consistently.  They put his feeding tube back in and if he doesn't drink enough they supplement.  He sure is a fighter!  The bigger he gets the better for him.  The dr's are really shocked that he isn't presenting with cardiac issues yet, it isn't at all what they expected.  They are on the fence as to which procedure to do on him.  One procedure will require him to go to Boston Children's hospital.  We are just in a wait and see.

Heidi, My daughter delivered a premie a few months ago and I so feel for what you're all going through. Modern medicine is truly a miracle and it sounds as though Landon is benefiting from all its options. You, Landon, and your family are in our hearts.

Heidi, My daughter delivered a premie a few months ago and I so feel for what you're all going through. Modern medicine is truly a miracle and it sounds as though Landon is benefiting from all its options. You, Landon, and your family are in our hearts.

Which hospital did you go to?  I know Albany Med handles a very large county range.  The nurse told me yesterday they get babies from Platzburg and Oneonta.  Thankfully Landon wasn't premie too.  I don't know how my daughter did it but she carried the twins until 2 days shy of 38 weeks.  Twins are considered full term at 36 weeks.  We have known since she was 5 months pregnant that he had heart issues and we tried to prepare ourselves for what lay ahead and of course pray that they were all wrong and he was just perfectly fine.  We are just so amazed how well he is doing.  Somebody has been with him round the clock.  It was the one thing my daughter wanted and if it makes her feel better and she can rest and heal I'm all for that!  She has really handled the separation pretty well but needs time with him too so she can get more comfortable.  Her husband has stayed with him every night because they won't let anybody but the parents stay overnight.  I'm glad we're living with them right now so I can help.  I hope your little one is doing well!

They were at St. Peter's and had a very good experience. He's now 3 months, something over 10#s and starting to laugh. We have very high hopes.

I work with a young man who's first baby was born early with multiple issues. They were and continue to be huge proponents of Albany Med. Their baby required heart surgery and did very well.

Your family is so lucky you're there to support.

I think that is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen.  That needs to be framed where everybody can see it.

I said a prayer for both of them plus all of your family.

David thank you for your kind comments and the prayers!  This picture will definitely be framed.  Scarlett snuggles with Landon every time we go to the hospital.  Yesterday she was snuggling her head into his shoulder.  They are so sweet.  Watching them together gives us much joy while we wait for Landon's surgery.  

Archived