Sign in to follow this  
Abercroft

Best Handles

I've just bought an Ultimate 1 machine and am looking to update her, she's my first machine, probably my last. I've looked into Intellistitch, and bliss, now I need some advice on handles.

I'm planning in installing those micro handles, but the machine now has the older upright handles.

I wonder if anyone can give me advice about what handles are the best, in terms of control and visibility? ( and where I can get them?)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks!

Give APQS a call and see about upgrading your handles to the ergonomic handles. I did that with my Ultimate 1 when I had it.

8EA3F8AB67CAE9B4618443BDC6588E06.pngsignature.png.1b0eddf5a8f9b785ff18723ff6665887.png

Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken.

I, also, have an Ulti I, and I've added curved bicycle handle extenders so the machine is easier for me to handle.  I've added them front and back because I found it hard to move the machine smoothly from the back with the upright ones. This picture isn't great, but you can see the style I've added on the front.  I needed to remove the foam handle to install them but I added the back.  This at least gives you an idea of an option.  I also added a bottle holder onto the extender to hold a cup with pins, bobbins, etc.  :)

post-5120-0-81031200-1469727995_thumb.jpg

A865FFE96B99D13D2E3C09AF2B8376EA.png
2009 Freedom, and a 1989 Ulti I w/Intellistitch

Great idea Marci. I haven't been in a bike shop in years and didn't realize these were even available. Brenda may even like them for the rear of the Millie as those are pretty much upright as well.

Nigel

Brenda Wells - Green Millie. Sold November 2017
Nigel Wells - Ultimate 1 with Intellistitch & IQ.  Sold January 2019

One question....I'm looking on the Internet:

These are two separate pieces, yes? And the uprights that came with the machine are still there?

It looks like the extenders are installed underneath the original ones.

Do you know the brand of the ones you used.? They look wonderful.