My Quilt Guild-Oh My

Went to my monthly quilt guild meeting last night.  In the year and a half that I've been a member last night was the best.  Still can not believe all the quilts and the beauty and work that went into these quilts.

First, they had the "UFO" Show and Tell quilts....at the beginning of the year they had made lists of 12 UFO's and numbered them 1-12....then each month they draw a number and that's the UFO they work on.  Absolutely beautiful and the smiles because they had finally finished them.  I think a couple was from like 1976 or that old.

Then came the regular "Show and Tell."  They kept lining up and lining up....it was the longest line for Show and Tell that they've had since I've been going.  Again....beautiful quilts that made your mouth water.

Then our guest speaker was a lady who was one of the founding members of our club but had moved to Dallas several years ago but is still involved with our club and two others around the Dallas area.  She must have showed around 30 quilts and told the stories behind them...some were quite funny.  By then my mouth wasn't watering but my tongue was hanging out.  I've only seen quilts like these in magazines.

I've shown several of my quilts in the past but they are not in this catagory.  Last month I had asked a lady what block pattern she used on a quilt she had shown and last night she brought me the pattern and gave it to me.  What a nice lady and gesture.

I'm so lucky.

Archived