Innovations 2007 Class Question

Hi Everyone,

Having just started with my Millenium, when signing up for classes at Innovations, if it is a hands on class, is it a good idea to choose only classes where the machines are provided by APQS?

Also, can you make any suggestions on classes????

Thank you in advance.....

Lani,

I would say that you should take any class that would be a good fit for your skill level, if you are a beginner take classes that will give you a very good start. If you have been quilting for a while and are doing very well, and want to challenge yourself, then go for it, you will learn tons. Don't stick with just APQS machines, there are some great teachers out there that use other brands - you need to be in their classes, they have great things to say and to show you. And most of all - have fun - and soak it all in like a sponge.

Hey Lani,

I second what Mary Beth said. We all know who makes the "best" machine, but please don't limit yourself to our teachers. You might miss out on something really wonderful.

Did you already get a flyer for Innovations 2007? I can't hardly think that far in advance, but I'm sure as heck planning on going again!

Beth

Hi,

The class schedule is posted and so are the descriptions.

www.mqinnovations.com

What I recommend is read the descriptions and perhaps ask other folks which classes they took, liked, disliked. I wish I had. I ended up with so many "Beginner" classes I was sick of it by Saturday.

Sally Terry is AWESOME! I had a blast in her classes (and I took almost all of them). You can't go wrong with Pam Clarke--she is FABULOUS. Can't say enough about Dawn Cavanaugh. Mark's maintenance class is wonderful, but, we don't have to do that much maintenance because we have the the best machines! And, so easy to care for.

Best of luck!

Hi Lani--

There are no hands-on classes at Innovations, only lectures/demos--but, oh what you will learn!!

Ditto on the comments about Sally Terry and Pam Clarke--great for beginners (Sally drives a Millie). Don't limit yourself to only the classes with an APQS.

The catalog will guide you to the beginner's classes. If you can do all four days, don't over-do on too many classes--your head will fill so be sure to take extensive notes. Go over your notes each night and highlight the things you must remember. I've been for the last 3 years and I still refer back to class notes when I get stumped!

If you are phobic about retiming, Mark's maintenance class was great and we got the new, improved maintenance guide as a hand-out. Lots of good information.

Have fun and PPP and you will be ready for more advanced classes by September!!!!

Linda Rech

25 miles South of Innovations in Olympia

Thank you for all of your suggestions. when i posted the question the class descriptions hadn't been posted yet. i had gone to the MQS website and looked their classes, which has some hands on classes. I was a little disappointed when the descriptions for Innovations came out and there aren't any hands on classes. Next year I'm going to have to plan for MQS.

Thanks.....Lani

Guest Linda S

I'd say take whatever class you want and try to get there and grab an APQS if you can. I have used HQ16s, Gammills, A-1s with no problem at classes. However, I did use a Nolting in a class with Karen McTavish. The one stitch button was on the left instead of the right and I got confused and ended up putting a needle through my finger! :o That was not fun, but it healed fairly quickly. I was a little embarrassed.

Linda

Some very helpful suggestions posted here. Has anyone else taken classes from any of the teachers that will be at Innovations and do you have a favorite? We have not been to any classes beyond our "Beginners class" and, have little idea about which classes will be most helpful. I do plan to take the Machine Maint. class.

Archived