My fingers hurt

You may remember this quilt a couple of weeks ago. Phyllis came by and asked it I would show her how to stitch the binding on. Said okay and showed her, Then she says, " My Love, would consider doing it for me?' Well I said I would machine stitch and she could hand stitch it the back. Well working here with Quilt Path and watching to make sure QP and Frannie Ann were working well together, I stitched by hand. Phyllis is coming to pick it up this afternoon. She has no idea the binding is DONE!!!!!  Yep, my finger hurts cause I just can't use a thimble!!!! :wacko:

29231235280_e3d8c0f1af_z.jpg20160907_095757 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

I am loving those sticky dots instead of a thimble! You can use them multiple times, too. They just stick on the end of your finger.  Jillily Studio makes Poke-A-Dots ( I haven't tried those yet)  or Colonial makes  Thimble Pads which are leather; which are the ones I've been using. I did not like the oval shaped plastic ones; they caught my thread and fell off my finger. 

I am loving those sticky dots instead of a thimble! You can use them multiple times, too. They just stick on the end of your finger. Jillily Studio makes Poke-A-Dots ( I haven't tried those yet) or Colonial makes Thimble Pads which are leather; which are the ones I've been using. I did not like the oval shaped plastic ones; they caught my thread and fell off my finger.

Funny, I couldn't find my favorite leather thimble so I tried the Poke-a-Dots from Jillily Studio. They work great!

Wonderful quilt, Dell! Your friend will definitely be surprised!

Archived