Invisible thread help?

I'm working on a t-shirt quilt and am running into problems with the invisible thread...any suggestions? I've loosened up the top tension dramatically and am using Bottom Line in the bobbin. I tried Signatures Smoke color and now have switched to Sew-Art 004 mm which I have had sucess with before but this time around thread is breaking every few inches. Errrgghhh...fortunately it is my own piece. any ideas?

The invisible thread that I've had the best luck with has been madeira's brand, although I think I've also used Signature's thread successfully too. Check to make sure your backing fabric is not too tight, or just loosen it a tad. Also try loosening your bobbin tension a little more so you can also loosen your top tension a bit more. Sometimes if none of the above works, I'll only thread two of the three thread guides above the tension discs. Before I knew better, I used invisible in both the bobbin and as a top thread...it was nearly impossible for me to lock off the stitches!

Good luck!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this was posted a while back but I thought I'd post a reply anyway.

I use Sulky invisible thread, (fine .004) I use it in the top and in the bobbin. I always use the same weight thread in the top and bottom.

I also never use it without Sewer's Aid from Collins. I use it on metallic and invisible threads. One little bottle should last you a very very long time.

I've also been told that YLI makes an indestructable invisible thread, but I haven't had ANY problems with Sulky.

Archived