Stay Safe in the the Path of Matthew!!!!

Just want to say for those of us in the path of Matthew, please don't take chances and prepare today. It's going to be hard to leave Frannie Ann Jr here on the island by herself. Praying this terrible storm will move east way out in the Atlantic. 

My George looks just like Frannie Ann Jr, except I used a white trash bag.  Eight more hours, and the eye should be here.  Hopefully the hurricane panels/screens, and good builder, and a lot of God's Blessings will hold allow us to go through with little or no damage.  I do not want to shop for a new George or anything else for that matter.  Had hoped to finish a quilt for my guilds annual party, but two days of preparing for the storm ended those plans.  

Enjoying the air conditioning, surfing the web, and eating all the good frozen food before the power goes out now.  Funny how the kids do not want to eat all the ice-cream when you tell them to finish it up.  As long as I keep seeing the weather reporters on the beach close to where I live, I guess we are safe.  Take care, and God Bless you all.  Cross your fingers that Matthew does not hook around, and hit us again next week.  

Cagey

Four o'clock in the morning, and knock on wood but the power and cable are still on.  I could be quilting, but the house is creaking and groaning like it has come alive like in "Monster House" (can you guess who has watched too many kids movies).  My friend told me earlier that she was piecing like a devil earlier in the day, but I have been afraid the power would surge or go out, messing up my DSM.  I guess I should take up hand piecing, though I cannot stand hand stitching the binding, so that is probably not going to happen.  

Even with hurricane panels, the windows and garage door are flexing in and out.  It is rather unnerving when I took a look around the garage to see how it was faring, and you could see and hear it flex in and the wind screamed through the opening.  Made me not want to stand next to it, or stay in the garage for that matter.  I just hope and pray the door holds, as they say once that fails you tend to lose your roof soon afterwords.  I wish I could sleep like my girls that are dead to the world at this point.  

I hope and pray that all our quilting family that is in the path of Matthew get through this in once piece, with little or no damage to their homes.   Take care, and God Bless you all.  Good prayers to everyone.

Cagey

PS:  The kids never did finish the ice-cream, though I am tempted to get a bowl and stop watching the news.  It makes you think it is really bad out there.

Morning is a new day.  Luckily my house only suffered 4 small sections of soffit that came down.  I rescued the pieces, and will have to have them reinstalled once the wind dies down.  We also had a ridge-vent come lose from the highest point of the roofline.  It will have to wait until the bands of wind stops coming through to be repaired.  By all accounts, myself and the entire neighborhood escaped this with little to no damage.  George seemed to enjoy a night in a bag.  

I hope and pray that Dell survives as well as we did.  Thank you for all the positive prayers for all of the family in Matthews way.  I am sure it helped us get through this so far.  Now keep on praying that Matthew just goes out to sea to die.  We do not need it hooking back to hit us the beginning of next week.

Thank you all, and best of luck if you are still in Matthews path.

Glad to hear you had so little damage. We lost power about 11 this morning. It's very very wet and windy. No damage yet but lots of water.

Thanks for all the prayers. I pray all are safe and those yet to have a visit from Matthew

Hope everyone did ok with Matthew.  We stayed and hunkered down and did just fine.  We did lose a portion of our back privacy fence, but it was old and due to be replaced soon anyway.  So now we have about a third of it replaced and next good wind or storm we may get the next section.   Or will decide to replace the remainder at some time in the next few months.  Right now I am just happy to have the yard enclosed again and dogs can go outside without a puppy sitter.   LOL

Archived