Not Happy

Zeke, what cover....where do I get it. This is my mom's quilt......that my grandmother made before Alaska and Hawaii were states. I am so upset. I turned off the machine. Wiped the gear grease off the cap on the gear box. Moved all the tubs of fabric from under the table...this will not happen to my new fabric!! Cleaned as much of the grease off the top as I could. And turned out the lights. Those candy bars at each end of the table are not helping yet.

Just went back to the basement and crawled all over the floor under the machine....no cap. Look in all my tool and extra supplies, thinking I may have found it and no known what it was, no cap. Guess I will be placing an order in the morning. I am never going to get this quilt finished, so I can try to get the grease stain off of it. GRRRR.

Mary Beth, in trying to get grease spots out of clothes (even after being in the dryer multiple times) I have used the original GoJo waterless hand cleaner.  I was able to smear it on and wash with warm water (even after letting the garment sit in the hamper all week).  I hope you can find the right fix for both issues.

Support is great. I placed an online order last night. Today I got a message from Angie asking for a picture of the area where the grease is oozing. Told her I looked everywhere for the cap, but not sure it really ever had one. She is overnighting one. Yay!!! This is a sign....If I had been quilting more, I would have noticed this before now :huh: 

Mary Beth:

On the bright side, I am wondering when your husband is going to submit a picture here showing you "bonding with Freddie."  That is to say, a picture of you with your finger(s) superglued to Freddie's bobbin area while attaching the grease cap.  Now that would make an interesting addition to this saga.  Be safe.  A little superglue can go a long way.  You may even want to wear rubber gloves.  Better to leave a little rubber behind verses some skin.  

Cagey

Archived