black light upgrade, front thread holder.... should i?

hbuchwitz

I have had my Lucey for a little over 3 months.   I just took the two day classes in Des Moines.  I debated a few purchases while there.

Would LOVE some input on both before I decide for sure!

First - upgrading my Lucey light to the black light version.  I think after seeing it I would turn off the light more than actual black light.   The Lucey is just always on.

Second - front thread cone holder.  I do change colors and quilt from the front a lot.    But I'm not sure I would enjoy the extra bulk on top - does it feel stable as you are "flying" across a quilt?

Thanks!

I like my front thread holder.  I haven't noticed a difference in the handling of my machine and it sure beats having to walk around, or in my case squeeze behind my Millie to change threads!  I can't say that I use my black light too often.  In fact I tend to forget that it is there.  I will have to remember and use it more often.

I never turn off my Millie light, and I find the black light to be hugely distracting for some reason. I have changed my studio lights to LED and for whatever reason, I don't have trouble seeing on either white or black fabric. Still

need a side light for very busy prints sometimes.

Archived