Hello Everyone,

As you may have noticed we've been having more issues with the current Forum's features working properly, as well as spammers infiltrating the system. The current Forum software version is outdated and an upgrade is required, but we have been holding off its implementation as long as possible to prevent disruption to the site during everyone's busy quilting time before the holidays.

However, we are to the point where we can no longer postpone the upgrade without risking the security of the site. We must implement the upgrade as soon as possible.

The new Forum software is being beta-tested right now by APQS dealers as well as some "uber-users" of our current forum. We anticipate making the change-over fairly quickly once testing is complete. Please be aware that the change-over will result in a "black-out' for a couple of days when the current Forum will be shut down to migrate all the topics and threads over to the new site. We will alert you about when that will happen so you can prepare in advance and will not be taken by surprise when the Forum is "down".

In addition, the upgrade could result in some changes to the way the Forum appears and functions but we will do everything we can to keep all the features that are important to our users. Change is always hard, but it is well worth it to keep the site safe and secure.

Thank you for your continued support of APQS and of each other through the Forum--it truly makes our "family" such a close-knit group!

Mary Beth:

You better find that password.  I have not been able to find the thread link, but supposedly APQS has hidden some "eggs" in the new forum that you can win some fabric and thread bundles.  Knowing your addiction, you cannot miss out on this opportunity.  You have got to find some of those eggs, so you can hid your hidden purchases in with them.  Best of luck to you.

Testers:

Can some of you testers log in and update your log in names, so I can test some of the search and tracking options.  There are numerous "testers" all signing in as "Tester", so I cannot track or follow you as an individual.  Play with the new system.  I think most if not everyone will like the new site.  I just hope that APQS will be able to transfer all the old threads over to the new forum.

Well I as asked to test the site ...that being said I have no idea what I am doing Computers and I do not get along very well .

BUT I have been able to load pictures from my phone library plugged into the computer  from my facebook page and from pinterest  with no problem. This was the main thing I wanted to see. I think this forum has blocked or made it difficult to get pictures uploaded so I am excited about the new format. I hope more people will post pictures again. 

Vicki:

So far, I believe there are pros and cons to the new forum.  I believe the thing most will enjoy, is the ease of uploading pictures to your post.  It should do away with the need for all the links to Flicker or FaceBook.  This way, pictures can stay with the thread for as long as the post is no the forum.  The big question is how will we all survive while both forums are down for a few days?

Cagey

I just looked at all the pictures you uploaded Cagey, from the I-Pad of Cindy Needham's work. First, uploading pictures is going to be so much easier.  Once we start using the new site, I know I will "get it" but when I was off of it for a couple of days, I forgot how to "quote"...I tried it a couple of times, then I got it. So, really, it will just be a few simple things that are new, you will catch on, if I did. Now I am inspired by Cindy Needham's pictures to go practice.

Gosh, I didn't try to post picts or messages. 

I was just snooping on the main page, and it was fast to switch pages,

and scrolled quite well.

I signed out of this forum and signed into test,  then

came back here and signed in here with no problem.

Archived