Who has their paint chips and fabrics for Bonnie Hunters Mystery this year?

I aslo used the accu cutter and I too had to skinny down the seam quite a lot.  they would be okay on the bottom but the top would be too narrow, and then once it was wider then the 1/4 inch seam sometimes was too small on the top.  I think next time I will use my rulers.  Although the cutting was much faster I think the accuquilt  doesn't give you enough seam allowance to work with.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an accu cutter and I've not really been happy with quilt I've use it on.  Are you normally happy with it?

12 hours ago, IBQLTN2 said:

I aslo used the accu cutter and I too had to skinny down the seam quite a lot.  they would be okay on the bottom but the top would be too narrow, and then once it was wider then the 1/4 inch seam sometimes was too small on the top.  I think next time I will use my rulers.  Although the cutting was much faster I think the accuquilt  doesn't give you enough seam allowance to work with.

I have an accu cutter and I've not really been happy with quilt I've use it on.  Are you normally happy with it?

overall I have been happy with my accuquilt cutter....I especially am very happy with the strip cutters and most of the other dies...they do cut more accurate and quicker than I do.  .I had trouble with some of the earlier dies not cutting completely and there was one that was not accurate...can't remember which one....if you call the company within the first year and have your receipt, I think you can exchange it......I too have had problems with that triangle in square die and had to skinny down the seams and now they are coming out the right size....I did call the company and they said it needed a smaller seam...not really happy with that response...maybe if they got a few more calls they at least would resize that particular die series although I don't know if the other sizes have the same problem as the 3 inch finished is the only one I have.   Lin

This is my first mystery quilt and my first scrappy quilt. It will be interesting. I was in Burlington, VT the other day and bought some more neutrals.  I should have checked my other fabric before I left. I think I need some more light purples.  I need to make and quilt a lap quilt before I get started.  I am printing out the clues so I'll have them when I need them. 

Deb.

Holy cow, I am not posting to the Facebook page any more. I made a comment, trying to be funny, and those gals are very serious. They came back telling me to read the instructions. I kept trying to tell them, I was kidding, I was strip piecing, not piecing individual pieces. When each person would give me instructions, I would say, "NO, I am strip piecing!" But no one was reading each post, they were just coming at me. Lesson learned. Whew....that was crazy.

oh Mary Beth,

You don't kid around once this mystery comes out....it is a very serious thing!  :P  I am getting along with it...clue 2 is done...still working on clue one...I have them all stitched...but only 100 of them little four patches where I have swirled the centers and pressed...just cut, I hope, most of my purple strips yesterday and I hope to get a least a few of them stitched today....I have things to do for Christmas...but they will just have to wait...yep, you heard that right...Christmas will just have to wait until I get caught up on this mystery....tee hee...ok maybe not....but.......I will keep trying to sneek some time for stitching in there.  OH...and for the neutrals;....Bonnie confused she made a mistake and you need about 4 1/2 yards of neutral scraps instead of the 3 that was originally posted...she has corrected that on the website pdf...but just mentioning it in case you had printed out the intro before she made that correction. 

Thanks Pup, that is good to know, I will correct my print out.

I'm so happy with myself, I'm nearly done with clue 3.  I miss counted my strips so I was short.  But I've got them recounted and cut now I just gotta sew together.  If I didn't have the youth group from church coming up for the soup part of their progressive dinner I'd be upstairs sewing right now.  

Pepsi Girl,

Too bad you don't have the dessert part...you could take them hostage and get them pressing and spinning those centers for you if they wanted their dessert.  Tee Hee...I don't think they would do that for soup ...or hey...soup is good, I would come over and spin those centers for you for soup...yep I surely would.  Lin

I'm caught up too!  But I am also doing the 365 challenge and I am about 1 week behind.  Boo!!  But never fear,  I will get them done!

Now I am more excited about Bonnie's Mystery than the 365 so you know what takes the back burner.  Besides, I am tired of such little pieces!  (but they do turn out so cute!)

Archived