Pantos are not my thang!!

LeeAnn, this is one that my grandmother embroidered before Alaska and Hawaii were in the Union. I found it while cleaning out my mom and dad's house. I asked mom if she wanted me to quilt it for her and she said yes. Later she said she thought I was quilting it for me. I told her that it was for her and I think she is excited about it. She did not tell me until I started quilting it that my grandma made it. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this quilt. I am so happy to get it done for my mom. I am afraid I will lose her before it is done, even though she is not sick, she is just failing it seems. Just not what she use to be.

Betsy, I bought a bigger bar of creamy milk chocolate....with almonds, so they would be good for me :)  I have it sitting on my cutting table, so when I just can't stand it any more and need a little break, I go break off a chunk, or two. I was standing at the front of the machine, and looked back to my left, and there lays a Kit-Kat....that will be my emergency bar :P 

Missy, I get about half a row completed and I am done. I have a tv going, but can't hear it, so that didn't work. I accidently hit the button without the stitch regulator, that was kind of exciting. I did about half a row, and stopped to look and my stitches were consistent, but just a little to long.  Will practice that today after I unload grandma quilt.

For Channel locks, I use the big black Binder Clips that are 2" wide and an inch deep.  Some folks call them Bull Dogs..  One on both sides of a wheel, be it forwards and back or side to side,  We just hang them up by the wire and out of the way when not needed.

Now, if someone could find a way to channel lock at the diagonal, I'd be at about the 9th heaven!

:P   :D    :lol:   :)   ;)

Mary Beth:  I built a set of electronic channel locks for my Ult 2 a while back.  If you or your husband are handy you could probably do the same if you have a mind to.  Check out my posts on Ult 2 mods from the last couple of years for photos.  I think it cost me about $250 for the parts I used.  Jim

I went over on Saturday and brought my mom home with me to spend the night. I had finished quilting and had added the binding to the quilt, so I brought it up stairs for her to see. She kept saying, "Who would have thought Mom's quilt would look so good!" My grandma was a bit color challenged, and she was good about just throwing things together to get it done. Mom was so happy with the quilt, and she took it!! She wanted to sew the binging on herself. I am making a lable for the quilt now, telling how 3 generations worked on this quilt. Every quilt has a story!!

Archived