Sign in to follow this  
Sheila S.

Thread tension

I have had my Lenni for a year now and had some difficulties along the way. Most of my problems was the tension. I really had a lot of problem there and want to venture out in using different threads. I started using glide on the top and sofine in the bobbin and I really had problems getting the tension good so I tried using glide top and bottom and I did not not have the tension problems. My question for the day is, I want to use sofine in top and bottom and would like to know if this is a good idea and if not what am I getting myself into?

So Fine top and bottom is our go to combination.  All other combinations get referenced from there for example I run Glide about a turn and a half less tension.

Nigel

Brenda Wells - Green Millie. Sold November 2017
Nigel Wells - Ultimate 1 with Intellistitch & IQ.  Sold January 2019

I use both Glide and So Fine #50 in both top and bottom and with each other in all combinations with no problems.  Superior Threads has a lot of educational information on their website; check them out.

c7bae4be5138b5e1d1f267e209f5b9f6.png

APQS Millenium in

Spring Creek, NV