NQR Prayer warriors needed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All thank you so much for all the prayers!  They mean so much to me and I truly believe they make a difference.  Landon is doing very well today and had a good night.  He is agitated at times and they are working to keep him sedated so he can rest and heal.  He is a fighter though!  So far everything is as good or better than expected.  They will keep him on the ventilator until at least tomorrow so he can recover more but as of right now he is doing most of his own breathing.  He wants the tube out!  I haven't seen him today.  I will be going up in a few hours to spend some time with him.  I've been staying with Scarlett who is just a sweet sweet baby.  I will be so happy to have the two of them together again!  

7 hours ago, SueinScottsdale said:

Heidi, I am so glad Landon is doing so well. Have they given you any indication how long he will have to stay in the hospital? I am still praying for all of you.

Sue he will be in at least a week.  I got up there tonight and it was so hard.  I hate seeing him like that and will be glad when I get to see his smile again.  I overheard the one nurse telling the nurse relieving her that he really responded to my voice and that if he wasn't responsive to just ask me to talk to him.  That made me feel good but oh how I wanted to hold him and take all his pain away.  I know it had to be done and I'm so thankful that the surgeon was able to fix everything but it is tough.

Update - Landon is off the ventilator!!!  He is doing well and breathing all on his own.  He even opened his eyes and was looking at me for about 10 min.  He even tried to smile.  Tonight for the first time since he was born I watched his heart beat normally and his chest rise and fall like it is supposed to.  I used to have a hard time seeing him with no top on because that was when you could really see how hard he fought for each heart beat and each breath!  Keep up the prayers they are being answered!  God is good!!!!

4 minutes ago, Quilting Heidi said:

Update - Landon is off the ventilator!!!  He is doing well and breathing all on his own.  He even opened his eyes and was looking at me for about 10 min.  He even tried to smile.  Tonight for the first time since he was born I watched his heart beat normally and his chest rise and fall like it is supposed to.  I used to have a hard time seeing him with no top on because that was when you could really see how hard he fought for each heart beat and each breath!  Keep up the prayers they are being answered!  God is good!!!!

God is so good!!! Bless is little heart!! Still praying for a speedy recovery.

Heidi, it  is sooo good to hear of Landon's progress.  I can hardly wait to hear how Scarlett acts when she sees him again!  I'll bet it is sooo sweet.

The same with Landon's reaction, of course.

Hugs and of course prayers continue for all.

Nap time for me.

Landon is off all pain meds except Tylenol.  He really doesn't seem to be bothered much by being changed.  He HATES all the noises at the hospital and he gets super agitated when the surgeon comes in to visit.  LOL I told him one day he will thank that man for making his heart whole!  Keep up the prayers.  His BP is a little too high so they have started meds to slow it down.  It is probably caused by the left side of his heart being so small.  The high BP is causing the reconstructed valve to leak.  The constriction that was there right after surgery so that looks very good.  We're told that they can help the leaking by keeping the pressure lower but they can't help with the constriction so that is good.  Landon had his first bottle for me tonight and then drank another 2 oz with his daddy.  Oh and the biggest news, he pooped!  LOL The surgeon said tonight that Landon is one strong little boy!  Keep up all those prayers because they are certainly working.  Oh and while your at it there are 4 other babies up there with heart surgeries and some are having a very hard time.  Keep all of them in your prayers.  Breaks my heart to see them suffer.  I have also noticed they don't all have many visitors.  I try not to judge in these cases, perhaps their parents have other children or no help but hard to see them babies laying there by themselves.  I just want to go in and talk to them and hold their hands.  I'm so thankful we can have somebody with Landon 24/7.  

Heidi, we have been out of town for over a week.  I know it is late but adding prayers again for your special little man.  we have been thru similar thing with our Nico, born with downs, a hole in his heart.  He has already been thru 5 surgeries, needs another.  He loves to play soccer and can no longer do that.  Love this sweetheart so much but it has been tough.  He is such a happy little guy.  Loves school and sports!

Hopefully, he will be home by Christmas and you can have a wonderful family time and celebrate his homecoming!

10 hours ago, IQuiltToo said:

Heidi, we have been out of town for over a week.  I know it is late but adding prayers again for your special little man.  we have been thru similar thing with our Nico, born with downs, a hole in his heart.  He has already been thru 5 surgeries, needs another.  He loves to play soccer and can no longer do that.  Love this sweetheart so much but it has been tough.  He is such a happy little guy.  Loves school and sports!

Hopefully, he will be home by Christmas and you can have a wonderful family time and celebrate his homecoming!

Marilyn I will keep Nico in my prayers as well!  It sure it scary.  My SIL had a nephew with Downs and he has had several surgeries as well, I think 3 or 4 now.  They are such special children!  

Archived