Here is another finish which surprisingly took me only 4 days to complete, these feathers go pretty quickly as background and I liked the texture it gave this customer quilt.  She loved it! The last picture is of the back - she got a two for one quilt! 

fullsizeoutput_117d.jpeg

IMG_3067.JPG

IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting

Did you do the feathers without drawing a spine? Let it take ya where it may?  Where you do left feather, right feather, left feather, right feather...

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

Sheri,

I draw a spine with my purple air erase marker and then draw very light guidelines to keep the feathers inside of and then freehand them, they naturally make their own spine as you go up one side and then back down and up the other side.  Feathers are my favorite thing to quilt, very relaxing.

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting

9 hours ago, Primitive1 said:

Sheri,

I draw a spine with my purple air erase marker and then draw very light guidelines to keep the feathers inside of and then freehand them, they naturally make their own spine as you go up one side and then back down and up the other side.  Feathers are my favorite thing to quilt, very relaxing.

I'm so glad someone asked my question!  Thank you for the explanation!  Your feathers are fantastic, and the texture is great!  Nice quilt too!

Kathy :)

2017 APQS Lucey

Janome 6600P