Liberty query

Hi, I've been looking at the Liberty online and from brochures, however can't work out what the maximum quilting space is. I have a short arm setup at the moment and know on that system that what you start with is not what is available at the end of the quilt.

Hope someone can enlighten me. Also this info on the Milli would be handy too.

Thankyou.

Hi Rowena

I understand that the Liberty has a 20" Throat and that gives you about 16-18 quilting space depending on size of quilt.

Freedom & millenium have 26" throat and give you a quilting space of 20-23" depending on quilt size. I had a Viking Mega Quilter befor with a 11.5" throat and could quilt up to a six" pantograph, sucks compared to my Freedom.

Hope this helps, but you might send an e-mail to APQS, they will give you definite specifics.

Happy quilting

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your help. Sue sent me the brochures a year or so ago. Which I just found again recently. Also someone here is selling a Nolting Funquilter so was trying to work out which would be the better way to go seeing as I only quilt for myself.

Thankyou.

Hi All,

I have a Liberty and I like it but you should know that you really only have 13" of quilting depth(and that is at the beginning, you'll lose depth due to thickness of quilt on bar as roll finished areas) . That is the only drawback of the machine. I find good places to stop put needle down and move and complete motif.

Don't know why there would be any differences between machines but I just double checked. I knew I had been quilting a 12" feather all in one motion. I can quilt a 13" motif except at the end of a large quilt. This was one thing I checked before purchasing that I could quilt a 12" block without moving.

Sue is right. There is about 13" of quilting space on the Liberty. With our 4th idler roller, that does take some throat space, but you start a quilt with 13" and you finish a quilt with 13", no guessing how much quilting space you have as you get closer to the end of the quilt as with other systems you start off with more than lose as the finished product rolls in the throat. Just another APQS advantage!! :D

Take care,

I beg to differ on this one, sorry guys I too have a Liberty and yes if you measure between leveling bar and quilt top bar you have exactly 14 1/2" of space but that is not what you end up with when a quilt is loaded and you are trying to quilt patterns such as pantos you can (depending on the panto) quilt up to 12" but it is tight and if you have a base expander on the machine to do ruler work you can't get any more than 11 1/2" of quilting space.

I have tried doing ruler work on a 12" finished block many times and always need to advance the quilt in order to complete the whole block. The only way that I can see you getting more quilting space is to raise the quilt top bar up ( it is adjustable) in order to squeeze out another 1" or so. But the way mine came from the factory 1 1/2 years ago the above is all I can quilt on it "COMFORTABLY" without bumping into the bars.

Joann

Archived