Garrett,

I LOVE your quilt and I LOVE the story behind it! I would have never guessed that a 7 year old pieced AND quilted it. What beautiful workmanship. You did yourself and your family proud, little man. If you can, please tell us what part of making the quilt did you like the most? What was the hardest for you?

Cathie

What a wonderful story! The quilt is awesome (excellent idea to use the CL), too. Garrett is a sweetie for his love & hard work to make Nana feel special. His mom is doing a great job with this kid.

Thanks for sharing the photos; they tell the whole story! Hug the little guy for me, too.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

This does my heart good. I am so proud of this boy and he is not even mine. Made another grandmother very happy, this child is thoughtful and loving. What a wonderful reflection he is on this parents.

The woman who did this quilt with him, is a kind and generous lady.

Garrett, Your quilt is so very special as you must be too! First thing I did when my husband came home for lunch today is showed him your wonderful work. It even brought a tear to his eye. See how happy you have made so very many grandparents! And what an absolutely kind-hearted and generous neighbor you have! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work. Caroline

Love the story. Of course it made me cry, but in a good way. So heart warming. You are a great neighbor to do that for that boy. I bet he will remember that experience for the rest of his life. What a treasure. The pictures say a thousand words. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I too hope that nanny will live to be 100. Garrett, you keep that precious heart of yours.

Angela

Red Leaf Quilting

Bless you for helping him and also helping his Grandma have such a special

quilt and moment in life! Just awesome and inspiring.... Love that Tulip

fabric too - we had that in our LQS too - so pretty! Good for you and good

for him - actually keeping it a secret so long too!!

Thank you so much for sharing that story with us. I believe that we need more stories like this.

I?ve showed my 7 years old son the pictures and I?ve translated your words to him. Although he has difficulties on understanding due his dissability he?s understood everything I said about that boy and her gramma.

I?ve told him that his mother and gramma will be very proud of him and guess what, he wants me to teach him to quilt.

We need more many kids like him that not only think about them about also care about others.

You should also be very proud on taking part on the process.

Thanks again,

Wow what a wonderful story. You must be so proud of your little neighbor. I can just see the two of you teaming up for more good things. Not only is he a very special young man, he lives next door to a very special woman. Thank you for sharing the wonderful story and pictures. It gives all of us a boost in what can be some grey days. Now if I can just get one of my 18 grandchildren to get the quilting bug.

:D - Hi i am Garrett. I am the neighbor to Lisa. My mom said I needed to reply to some questions and comments on here so here are my thoughts [the words below are quoted word for word by Garrett and typed by mom (Jamie)]:

" I liked using the big machine. My favorite block on the quilt was the pink and silver polkadot square and I liked doing the quilt with Lisa. The reason I wanted to make the quilt is because I wanted to help my Nanny and I wanted to give her something nice so I could thank her for giving me all the stuff I have and my Nanny is very happy to have her new blanket.

I was so surprised that people from around the world were talking about me on here. I want make another quilt for people that don't have blankets to cover up with. My Mom will help me find some people that need some quilts to stay warm with. Thank you for everybody who is writing about me and Good Night."

Dear Garrett,

You made sunshine in a lot of people's lives, just by making that gift for your own Nanny. Keep on giving gifts, and you will have all the friends you ever want in your life. You are truly a "cool dude"! I bet you're doing something extra special for your mommy today too. I hope so, because she is very special herself, and a very "cool dudette"!

Patty

• 2 weeks later...