Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tootsquilts said:

I got here too late.  I would have loved to make a block for this special quilt for Rita.  I will email Heidi and get the address to send her a card.  If someone that is making 2 or 3 blocks wants to give up a block, I would love to make one.  God bless each of you for doing this special quilt.

Cathy feel free to send one from the three I spoke for. that would be fine for me you will need to request the Mailing address


 

Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

As a group, we should probably decide what standard size block will be used in the community angel quilts.  That way, when things a less busy and you have some fabric from your current quilt project, one could make up a angel block for future use.  As long as the quilt is scrappy most any block would work in the collective quilt.  What do you think?  I for one would like to participate in the next project when needed.

Cagey

That is a great Idea Cagey lets see how this turns out and make a decision in the near future to do that very thing.


 

Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T Row Studio said:

Cathy feel free to send one from the three I spoke for. that would be fine for me you will need to request the Mailing address

Oh thank you so very much Terry.  Consider it done.  Please add me to the list.  I will get it done and also the sashing and binding. 

Thanks again


E09E59CAF06403E058848257636B2E85.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My block is done, but I don't have any white on white fabric for sashing. Can't go shopping until the end of the week so my block, sashing and binding pieces will not be mailed until friday or saturday.  I live way out of town,so have to make my trips to town count for more than one errand. But it will get there eventually.

 

Debbie


Debbie

Jackson, Ga.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debbie, I certainly understand about consolidating trips into town.  However, I have LOTS of white on white, so if you want to mail your block without the sashing strips, that is definitely no problem.  Completely your call.


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CindyT said:

I have been away for way too long.  Is it too late to jump on board for this for Rita? 

 

Cindy, we appreciate your wish to participate, but we really do have more than enough block offers already.


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever had one of those moments when your brain just did not engage correctly?  Well, mine did not engage properly when I read the directions for the items that was needed.  When I read "White on white" pieces of fabric for sashing my mind said white sashing so I sent white sashing.  It wasn't until just now that I reread the list and the "light" went off.  (OR I COULD JUST SAVE FACE BY SAYING MY WHITE ON WHITE BLENDED SO WELL YOU CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE WHITES)

If you don't have enough white on white fabric for sashing please let me know and I resend the sashing.  I actually have some white on white in my stash.

 


David

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David, I'm sure your white will blend in, if not it can be saved for the next quilt.  I know I sent a little extra white on white so you're covered. 

Cindy, thank you for offering to help.  Rita needs lots of prayers and thoughts.  We're asking those that can't make blocks or came in late to pray for her and her hubby known as "him".    I don't know if Betsy needs funding to ship the quilt, you might message her.

Hopefully, we can keep these "quilty hugs" going when forum members are need.  We did this fairly regularly years ago and it sadly slipped away.


Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr


sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mlsa3 said:

Have you ever had one of those moments when your brain just did not engage correctly?  Well, mine did not engage properly when I read the directions for the items that was needed.  When I read "White on white" pieces of fabric for sashing my mind said white sashing so I sent white sashing.  It wasn't until just now that I reread the list and the "light" went off.  (OR I COULD JUST SAVE FACE BY SAYING MY WHITE ON WHITE BLENDED SO WELL YOU CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE WHITES)

If you don't have enough white on white fabric for sashing please let me know and I resend the sashing.  I actually have some white on white in my stash.

 

David, I appreciate the offer, but Connie is right and your sashing will be fine.  I am planning to mix up the sashing pieces, not attach them to the blocks with which they came, and yours will enhance whichever blocks they border.


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T Row Studio said:

Betsy I sent my blocks, sashing, Binding and I threw some cornerstones in also

Thanks, Terry!  I will post when your package arrives.


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blocks, etc are in the mail!!!

I stopped at the grocery store this morning, their postal machine was down. Had to stop on my way home and the Post Office was packed!! I know why!! I used the handy dandy self serve computer. Thankfully there was a postal working helping to use it.

 


Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Future winner of the Millie Sweepstakes

http://marysnutshell.blogspot.com/




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NINE beautiful blocks arrived in yesterday's mail!  I know they are not "for" me, but it does feel a little bit like Christmas, none the less.

Connie (Gator) - 2 blocks

Norma H - 3 blocks

LibbyG - 4 blocks

Thank you, ladies!

 


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Six more lovely blocks in today's mail!

Dell (delld) - 2 blocks

Vicki (Primitive1) - 2 blocks

Cathy (tootsquilts) - 1 block

Lisa (lisae) - 1 block

Also, in addition to binding and sashing strips, several people have included money for postage.  I will only be posting the receipt of blocks here, but I am keeping a chart of who sends what, in case anyone wants to know.

Thanks!!

 


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbams said:

Six more lovely blocks in today's mail!

Dell (delld) - 2 blocks

Vicki (Primitive1) - 2 blocks

Cathy (tootsquilts) - 1 block

Lisa (lisae) - 1 block

Also, in addition to binding and sashing strips, several people have included money for postage.  I will only be posting the receipt of blocks here, but I am keeping a chart of who sends what, in case anyone wants to know.

Thanks!!

 

Betsy, thank you so much for doing this. It is a huge undertaking. I know you will do a fabulous job!!


Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Future winner of the Millie Sweepstakes

http://marysnutshell.blogspot.com/




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Mary Beth!

 

Ann, thanks for the offer, but we are already at the point of putting a number of blocks on the back.  Rita definitely needs our prayers, and cards would mean a lot to her, I'm sure.  PM Quilting Heidi for Rita's mailing address.


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how many dealers or members  know Tony O'Tool.  He is a member of the APQS Sales/Road Show team (APQS family).  He also is involved with the development of this forum.  His wife and him just had a baby delivered 7 weeks early, via emergency C-Section.  Finley Anthony O'Tool  weighted in at 3lbs 9oz. and 16in tall.   He will spend a few weeks in the NICU, mom is doing fine and will probably be home today.  I know there's a lot of you that would like to participate in Rita's quilt but the blocks are in.  If the group chooses, Finley would probably be a candidate to receive an Angel Quilt.  A baby quilt (or a mommy quilt)  wouldn't take to many blocks so it would be fairly quick to make.  If the group chooses and someone takes the lead, you could get the O'Tool's address or info from Dawn Cavanaugh.


Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr


sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gator said:

I don't know how many dealers or members  know Tony O'Tool.  He is a member of the APQS Sales/Road Show team (APQS family).  He also is involved with the development of this forum.  His wife and him just had a baby delivered 7 weeks early, via emergency C-Section.  Finley Anthony O'Tool  weighted in at 3lbs 9oz. and 16in tall.   He will spend a few weeks in the NICU, mom is doing fine and will probably be home today.  I know there's a lot of you that would like to participate in Rita's quilt but the blocks are in.  If the group chooses, Finley would probably be a candidate to receive an Angel Quilt.  A baby quilt (or a mommy quilt)  wouldn't take to many blocks so it would be fairly quick to make.  If the group chooses and someone takes the lead, you could get the O'Tool's address or info from Dawn Cavanaugh.

Connie, thanks for the information about Tony's baby.  I will certainly keep the O'Tool family in my prayers.


Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...