This is Judy Niemeyer’s Coxcomb quilt that my friend Dawn Teune pieced and I quilted for her in December. It just won 4 ribbons at the Rainy Day Quilter’s Annual Quilt Show in Ketchikan, AK. First Place, Shop award, Hanger’s choice, and Judges choice. We make a great team and I am always excited to quilt for her!

fullsizeoutput_1317.jpeg

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting

Vickie

I love the feather work.  In the center it appears you mirror imaged your feathers.  Did you draw out the stems, and then just freehand the feathers? I love how you were able to fill the area with he feather fronds and then used the bubbles to fill the un-feathered area.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Oh! WOW OH WOW!!!

It is just beautiful and those feathers are awesome! If I had another ribbon it would be 5 ribbons!!!!!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

On 2/21/2017 at 9:05 AM, Cagey said:

Vickie

I love the feather work.  In the center it appears you mirror imaged your feathers.  Did you draw out the stems, and then just freehand the feathers? I love how you were able to fill the area with he feather fronds and then used the bubbles to fill the un-feathered area.

Cagey

Cagey, yes I drew out the stems and then freehanded the feathers trying to fill in all the area I could and then pebbled in what was left....

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting