LibbyG

Another 30's scrap quilt

My friend, Susan, made this quilt with her leftover 30's fabric.  She wanted feathers and I do love making them.  Hobbs 80/20.  So Fine on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin.

33177089522_1534411301.jpg30's scrap by Libby G, on Flickr

32518043783_c240937313.jpg30's scrap by Libby G, on Flickr

33177084222_c1338875ce.jpg30's scrap by Libby G, on Flickr

Libby

You pulled off another absolutely gorgeous classic quilt job.  I Love your feathers, and how you fill the space with them.  Your freehanded medallions look so uniform.  Wonderful job.

Cagey 

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Wow Libby, the quilt and your quilting is stunning!! I love 1930's fabric. Do you happen to know the name of the pattern and who created it? I would love to make one for my MIL. I always enjoy seeing your work, it inspires me to be a better quilter. Thanks for sharing the eye candy.

Happy Quilting,

Carmen 

Stitchin Cricket Quilts

APQS Millenium with Bliss Track & Quilt Glide

Lisa, when I first started quilting, forum members were talking about the quiltazoid.  Since I was new to quilting, I thought it would be a good tool.  It will make circles from 1 inch to 12 inches with all the sizes in between.  I have the crosshatch boards with it and the spirals.  Today I'm going to load a patriotic quilt and see if I can use the stars from one of the boards.  I'm trying to get my moneys worth!  lol

Carmen, this was a mystery quilt done at a guild four years ago.  There are basically two blocks.  The first block has FOUR four patches with background and fabric, ONE four patch with all fabric, and FOUR plain blocks.  The other block is an Ohio Star.  My friend said she'll get the pattern to me and I'll make sure you have the rest of the directions.  She lives an hour away so it may be a few weeks, but hey, you can start on block one.  2 1/2 inch strips.

Thanks to both you and your friend. Between piecing quilts and learning to quilt standing up instead of sitting down, a few weeks will be okay with me. I just hope that my quilting will be as beautiful as all the experienced quilters on this forum. Thanks again Libby.

Happy Quilting,

Carmen 

Stitchin Cricket Quilts

APQS Millenium with Bliss Track & Quilt Glide