delld

Finished 116 by 122 inches!!!!!

I started quilting Patsy's Alaska Bear Paw quilt 10 days ago and finished it yesterday. I used Christy Dillon's Diamond Magic for the borders and sashing. Then I used Patiricia Ritter's Petite Zanzibar triangle block.  Myrna's Ficken's pinched squares to make the arc's and Dawn's off the edge rulers to do the SID! I think it took about 81 hours and 23 bobbins. She picked i t up this morning and loved it!!!!  love my quilt path!!! and Rulers!!!!  has wool batting and used grey Magnifico and Fantastico 5002 threads with Filtec bobbins.

Thanks for looking.

32795660133_0ddb84dce3_z.jpg20170323_140740 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

32795668603_fc7829a8d2_z.jpg20170323_140753 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

33568899716_268436081b_z.jpg20170323_140938 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

33480406181_7d775c08c9_z.jpg20170323_140958 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

That is a beautiful quilt and quilting!  Huge!  How big is your frame?  I notice you have two layers of batting and wonder how easy or difficult that is to work with as I really want to try that?  I'm new to long arming so just figuring it all out.  Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Kathy :)

2017 APQS Lucey

Janome 6600P

1 hour ago, Kwiltr said:

That is a beautiful quilt and quilting!  Huge!  How big is your frame?  I notice you have two layers of batting and wonder how easy or difficult that is to work with as I really want to try that?  I'm new to long arming so just figuring it all out.  Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Kathy,thank you. My Millie is on a 14 foot table. I love every inch of it.  Barbara told me to get the largest that would fit in mu studio. It's 40 feet. So 14 was the answer for me!!!!

I used only one layer of Dream Wool. I have used the 80/20 with wool on top. It really does fluff and fun to do. Welcome to the longarm world, you are going to love it!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Wow!  Stunning!

Deb

May your passion for thread & fabric creations bring joy to you and others!

Blessed wife to my amazing husband, thankful mom to my phenomenal kids, Caretaker to the very spoiled fur & feather babies.

Blissed APQS Lenni 2016, a few Janome's and a beautiful Featherweight

Blog: applewoodquilts.blogspot.com

You did a fabulous job quilting this. You've really enhanced the quilt pattern. Thank you for sharing. I haven't ventured out into custom quilting yet so I really enjoy looking at all the eye candy.

signaturedimage

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'Dang, that was fun'!

2017 Blissed Lenni and loving it!