Leadergrip Troubles

KMK

Yes I did have that problem with the leader grips I have switched to Red Snapper and love them. That being said when I advance my quilt I unroll the front so there is not tension in the gripps when it is going under the leveler bar  then roll like normal after that I think the leveler bar disengages the grip as it is going under. I hope that makes sense. 

23 hours ago, T Row Studio said:

Yes I did have that problem with the leader grips I have switched to Red Snapper and love them. That being said when I advance my quilt I unroll the front so there is not tension in the gripps when it is going under the leveler bar  then roll like normal after that I think the leveler bar disengages the grip as it is going under. I hope that makes sense. 

I love it! I have been stewing on whether to buy red snappers, have read all the old posts, still hesitant, but so glad you put this tip out there.  One obstacle overcome with out tripping! ")

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having the same issue, so I stopped using the leader grip on my take up bar and have been pinning my backing to that leader, and using the grips on the others. Thanks to you KMK for putting the question out there I now know how to use them on all the leaders (thanks, Terry! You are a wealth of information!). It never occurred to me that the leveller bar was causing the issue, or how to work around it. So much to learn....

Back to the quilting to give the leader grips a second chance, and hopefully ditching the pins!

• 2 weeks later...

I have used leader grips for a long time and never had problems until I got my Lenni. Not only were they popping off but I cracked several leader grips. I figured out that my channel on my canvas leaders for my dowels was too big and the canvas was bunching up which cause them to be too thick. This cracked my grips or they popped loose because I didn't get them seated properly. I re-sewed the channels, tightened them so the dowels fit snugly and neither problem has happened since. 

This being said, I am thinking of slowly replacing with Red Snappers since they don't seem to be as brittle as the Leader Grips.

Archived