Finished another one

I have finished another vintage top that i inherited for our familg reunion door prize. It was pieced in the early 50's by my grandmother. I recognize some of the fabric from the clothes my mom made us. Had a lot of fun doing this one. 20170407_102548.jpg.7097eb8606df9c82db4d1fa68071b548.jpg20170407_102530.jpg.aa1bd1c106cb04dabb2922ea21531638.jpg

20170407_102505.jpg

Judy

I love the flowers in the squares, they remind me of hearts when you look at them on the diagonal.  Just another reminder of how much love the quilt is filled with.  Your feathers come out wonderful.  Thank you for sharing.

Cagey

• 3 weeks later...

What  a great idea your family had by raffling that top off at a reunion. Even more wonderful is the fact that you won it and quilted it so beautifully! I always wonder how many families find these ufos and are able to give them the respect they deserve. Enjoy your wonderful family treasure... I bet your grandma is so thrilled that you have it!

If you look closely  on the wall to the left of the bed is a framed quilt in pink and blue. This quilt was made for him by a neighbor when he was born. My aunt has had it framed and displayed for a long time. What a treasure. 

Now I understand better: you quilted your grandma's top  to donate it as a door prize for your family reunion! Got it! 

I think that what you have done is amazingly beautiful and respectful of all her hard work and talent, and so generous to offer it to the rest of your family to win. It looks like it found a well deserving home where it will be appreciated and enjoyed. We can't ask more for any quilt!

That is a beautiful story!

Archived