My Poppy Quilt at DQNV Show

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend!

My Poppy Quilt received an honorable mention ribbon at the Desert Quilters of Nevada show last weekend. I never intended for this quilt to go in a show, but what a great experience it was. The story is bittersweet. This was my project when I went to Arizona to help care for my Pop when he had terminal lung cancer. That was in 2004. I couldn't touch it for years. But I finally finished the quilting and showed it at a guild circle meeting. I was "encouraged" to enter it in the show. I'm glad I did because I learned so much!

The second photo is of my granddaughter, Hal. She loved going to the show with me. She had her sketch book and was drawing the quilts she liked. I asked her which was her favorite and she said, "Your quilt, Grammy!" Melted my heart!

The border isn't really that ruffly! It just the way it was laying on the floor.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lisa;

Congratulations on the honorable mention.  While it took years to finish, it does help show all the love and devotion that goes into a quilt.  The love and memories with your Pop, and now to expand and share them with your granddaughter.  Looking at her, she looks young enough that she probably did not meet Pop, but through your quilt I feel she definitely has come to know him.  Continue to share the stories and memories.

Cagey

Archived