lisae

My Poppy Quilt at DQNV Show

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend!

My Poppy Quilt received an honorable mention ribbon at the Desert Quilters of Nevada show last weekend. I never intended for this quilt to go in a show, but what a great experience it was. The story is bittersweet. This was my project when I went to Arizona to help care for my Pop when he had terminal lung cancer. That was in 2004. I couldn't touch it for years. But I finally finished the quilting and showed it at a guild circle meeting. I was "encouraged" to enter it in the show. I'm glad I did because I learned so much!

The second photo is of my granddaughter, Hal. She loved going to the show with me. She had her sketch book and was drawing the quilts she liked. I asked her which was her favorite and she said, "Your quilt, Grammy!" Melted my heart!

The border isn't really that ruffly! It just the way it was laying on the floor.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

90EB6B28C6BCFC9DAC2A6D4F9B7AFCA9.png Lisa E APQS Freedom SR with Bliss! Henderson, NV

Awesome!!!! I would have given it 1st Place!!!!!! Love you choices of fabric, colors and quilting!!!!  What a very special quilt!  Hugs from FLA!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Very well done and wonderful story you need write down and keep with the quilt so Halleigh's kids will know! I wish I could have seen it hanging in the show in person. It's gorgeous and such a treasure.

c7bae4be5138b5e1d1f267e209f5b9f6.png

APQS Millenium in

Spring Creek, NV

Lisa;

Congratulations on the honorable mention.  While it took years to finish, it does help show all the love and devotion that goes into a quilt.  The love and memories with your Pop, and now to expand and share them with your granddaughter.  Looking at her, she looks young enough that she probably did not meet Pop, but through your quilt I feel she definitely has come to know him.  Continue to share the stories and memories.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Great job!  I see we have a future quilt artist doing her internship.

Blissful Quilting until next time…

Judith Washburn

BlissQuilter.com

APQS Dealer

Sealy, Texas

832-724-6335

Complete Longarm Quilting Studio

Millennium Blissed with IntelliQuilter

Lucey Blissed with Quilt Path

Congratulations on your beautiful quilt that was recognized for your skills and it will also bring back those memories for you of helping and loving your Pop.  

C9C76B5257D2C02397F9A72A2E02FC3D.png

APQS Millennium with Smooth M&M Wheels

Pat Noonan Design Studio, Custom Quilting

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Holy cow!  If that's what they call "Honorable Mention" what the heck did first place look like?  I think your quilt is stunning,  The quilting is fabulous.  I'd give it a blue ribbon any day of the week. 

Lora.

Lora in California -  Ultimate I with IntelliStitch and IntelliQuilter.  The Thimble Bee http://www.thimblebee.com