First Quilt on George

This is the first quilt I've done on my brand new George sit-down machine.  My daughter and I made the quilt for a customer, so I was a little nervous, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.  I filled the center with a large allover Bear Claw design (learned from a blog post by "A Few Scraps"), then did a curved design in the border using a curved ruler by Accents In Design, in a design I learned from The Quilt Journal on YouTube.  I used SewFine 50 thread in a bright turquoise on the top, and medium gray on the bottom.  It was such a joy to quilt this on George!  Such a step up from quilting on my domestic machine.  Can't wait to start another quilt!

IMG_4395.JPG

IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_4387.JPG

16 minutes ago, MaryQuiltsTx said:

That is wonderful. I love the border and the center quilting gives it great texture. If that's your first you are going to rock the quilting!

Just to clarify, it's my first quilt on George.  Not my first ever quilt.  I've been quilting on my domestic machine for a while, but it's so much better on a George!  Thanks for your kind words.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cmkeindl1 said:

Did you mark the border into triangles and how did you travel on the pattern?  Beautiful!

No, I didn't mark the borders.  I stitched the first big arc in each segment first all the way around the quilt, then went back and echoed it to fill in each one.  The YouTube video shows how to do it.  "Curved border" by The Quilt Journal.

Archived