Channel Lock Solenoid

I have recently purchased a used 2009 APQS Millie through a private sale. The sellers dismantled, transported and setup the long arm for me.There was an unused box of M&M wheels included and I had them install a set on the carriage. The horizontal lock works fine. The vertical lock does not work. We tested it with a volt meter and it is not getting voltage. I suspect it was fine up until they tied the wire to the solenoid with a plastic tie. Perhaps the pressure of the tie damaged the wire. My question is where do I purchase a replacement for the solenoid? 

The easiest place would be APQS.  Look to see if you could use any other spare parts at the same time like needles and pigtail guides since you will be paying for shipping anyway.  They usually ship very fast and you will back in business in a couple of days.

You might be able to find something like it in an electronics hobby store or if you know any students that are into robotics they will know where to buy parts.

Nigel

Best way to learn!  APQS service is second to none and so is our machines.    They make the machines user friendly and prefer we be capable of fixing them ourselves.  Welcome to the family and the forum.  The quilters here can solve pretty much anything that comes along.  We love to see your "eye candy" (quilts) so we can drool over them.  Don't be shy.  I have a 2009 Millie too!!!!

Archived