Favorite Domestic Sewing Machine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE my Elna Quilter's Dream. Seems like whatever foot I need its either there, or I can go to my local sewing machine store, order it and within a few days, the "new fangled" foot is there....they come up with a new kind of foot....Janome/Elna seem to have one that fits my "snap-on" style foot on my machine. I love it.

Also, my Elna seems like it sews itself. I've NEVER had a problem with it, nor would I trade it in for anything else....EVER.

Sharon,

The Brother PQ1500 is a total work horse....I burned up 1 PQ1300 before I got my 1500 with all the quilting I did before and since then have added to the list a Janome Memory Craft 6500 and the single stitch 1600P DBX which is a bit faster than the Brother as it does 1600 stitchs per minute and this one has an industrial motor and it uses industrial needles (round not flat like a regular DSM) and to round out the line up I have a Bernina 530 which just sits most days.

Janome, janome, janome! I currently use my 10000, but also have a Jem Silver for classes. My mother was going to have to give up sewing because her old machine wasn't computerized, and she couldn't turn the handcrank to raise the needle bar. The kids got together and I chose her 3000, plus got one for myself! That was 2 machines ago. Mom's now looking for a second machine so that she can take hers in for service and still sew, as well as have one for the grand-daughters (13 and 11) to take to college. Like she'd really let them take it away from her! The Platinum is on it's way, and will get more work than it ever thought possible.

Beth

I like to piece on my Bernina 440QE. Although, sometimes I piece on my Babylock Essante, or sometimes on my Brother 1500, or sometimes even on my old White. Hummm, I better not let my husband read this. :) He was quite upset when he saw all the fabric in my stash (and he really only saw a small part of the stash..shhh). He really wouldn't understand.

I have a HV Designer I which is totally awesome, and then I have a kenmore Elite (computerized) and a Kenmore 27 stitch. If you can picture this.....sometimes all three of them have work under the foot. As Sue says "Crazy for quilting or just plain crazy!"

I have a janome 4800 for home and I used to use my singer featherweight 221 for away but unfortunately she is no longer well enough to sew, a loud buzzing noise and lots of black smoke has put her into retirement :( I'm hoping to get a janome jem 760 soon.

Cheers

Satu

I have a Bernina 440QE that I piece on and a Bernina 200E that I embroider on. Yes, there are times I have them both going! My husband thinks is hilarious:D. I love them both. Had a Babylock PQ1500, but sold it to a friend as it was not being used any more for quilting since I got my Liberty.

I have a Bernina 440QE that I love, and a Janome 11000 for embroidery. Needing to sell the Janome because I just don't have time for embroidery and even thought the Janome is a great machine, I still prefer to sew on the Bernina. I have a Singer Touch n sew for chain stitching, a singer treadle for nostalgia, an antique first electric Domestic (first machine to start sewing on).

I'm a Viking girl. Love my Designer I.

I have my grandmother's old Singer also. Based on the serial number it was built in the 1939 to 1941 time frame. Unfortunately, it isn't a featherweight. I have been wanting to try piecing on that. I have parts and the original manual also.

How cool is that? :cool:

Pfaff, Pfaff, Pfaff!!!! I love my Pfaff 2056 - it pieces great!!! And it also machine quilts nicely too.

I also have a Janome Gem (the first model) that my dd uses and I just bought a Janome Decor something that is a bit bigger than the Gem but less price. Great machine!

Aren't there any other Pfaff users in this group?

I LOVE my ELNA!! Never had a single problem!! Hard to find the dealer for them now and there is also some kind of change in the business I heard thru the grapevine - does not look good. Hope it all plays out but if any thing goes wrong I would to a Viking - You should know that it is difficult to find much else without traveling a very long way to attend owners classes!

Sewhappy

Originally posted by Laurie

Pfaff, Pfaff, Pfaff!!!! I love my Pfaff 2056 - it pieces great!!! And it also machine quilts nicely too.

I also have a Janome Gem (the first model) that my dd uses and I just bought a Janome Decor something that is a bit bigger than the Gem but less price. Great machine!

Aren't there any other Pfaff users in this group?

Actually, I just bought a Pfaff 2056 last weekend. My first quilt on it with the 1/4" edge guide quilter's foot came out exactly on measurement without much fussing...I only had to move the needle over 1 notch (it breaks the needle otherwise, anyway). I gave it back to the dealer for adjusting, and the loaner machine does the same thing, oddly enough. The dealer checked the foot and found no fault with it. This machine seems to compensate for my technique, and so far, I haven't found anything with it that particularly bothers me.

I'm keeping my Husqvarna Viking Designer II (same as Quilt Designer II) for embroidery (which it does pretty well) until I buy another embroidery machine.

I would have liked to look at the Elna brand, but couldn't find a dealer. I considered the Janome 6600 for the Accufoot, but the Pfaff 2056 had more internal stitches. I looked at the Bernina line, but it seemed to have the same problem with fabric slippage as the Husqvarna did.

I just heard that the new Pfaff embroidery machine is going to be built with the Husqvarna Sapphire body. Has anyone else heard anything?

Sharon

I have a Bernina 180E, love it!

Always thought my dream machine was going to be a viking but my MIL talked me into going with her one day to her Bernina dealer and I was hooked. Never looked back even have a Bernina serger :)

2 of my daughters (16 & 10) both own their own Singer sewing machines and both know how to quilt.

Joann

Archived