Cross Quilt Finished

I just finished this cross quilt on my Millie. My MIL made it several years ago and gave it to me to practice on. The fabric is not a quality fabric so it was a challenge not to tear it while quilting. I used Superior Bottom line on the top and magna glid bobbins. I am still building my skills and improving everyday. It has been a challenge to go from sitting down at George to standing up to quilt on my Millie, but I'm getting the hang of it. I want to start my own business so building my skills is a must. Hope you enjoy looking. 

Happy Quilting,

Cross Quilt.JPG

Carmen;

I think your quilting looks wonderful.  No issue transferring from hand movement to machine head movement.  You seemed to have mastered the swirl with what I believe is a kickback to a point.  Thank you for sharing.

Cagey

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Believe it or not, that's my first time doing feathers on a quilt. I've practiced on paper but never seemed to be able to master them. I just finally told myself "this is a practice quilt so just go for it!!" The swirl hook pattern is one that Angela Walters does so I wanted to try it too. I love working from the front of the machine doing free hand quilting. I have several pantographs, and I'm learning them but I feel confined/limited when doing them. Until I can buy Intelliquilter, I'll have to get past my issues and learn them. Libby, I love looking at the quilts that everyone posts, and I hope to be that good. Libby, your quilting has been inspiring me since the first time I seen one of your quilts posted here. When I get frustrated with myself, I just hop on the forum and look at all the beautiful quilts and let them work their magic at building my confidence. Thanks again for your comments and please continue to inspire me with your work.

Happy Quilting,

Archived