I have been using my machine for over 10 years, so I AM familiar with how to change the feet.

I just took off the new cone-shaped foot to put back on the open toe foot.  I have tried and tried, but I cannot get the open toe foot to go on so the needle is in the center of it.  It is quite a ways off.  I have screwed, unscrewed, rescrewed and changed screws.  The only way to get it centered is to have the screws loose.  I'm sure that can't be right.

I HAVE to have the needle in the center of the foot for custom work I'm about to do.  TIA for any advice or tips.

Joy;

Could you have possibly bent the other foot?  Maybe in storage or the last time you use it caught a seam.  Also do you have other feet besides the two in question to see if it just might be that individual foot?  Lastly, could there be a small bur on the foot near the screw hole that will not allow it sit flush with the arm?  Other than that, I have nothing for you.  Sorry to not be of much assistance.

Cagey

FrammaJoy:  Is the needle centered in the "cone-shaped" foot?  If so, something is probably bent.  If it isn't centered either, you may need to rotate you hopping foot bar a tad to get it in the proper place.  Such an adjustment should be pretty easy.  Jim

Thank you to whoever said the bar could be rotated.  I knew about the little hole with the offset screw that is nearly impossible to reach, lol, but I was thinking it was for raising and lowering only.  It is possible to turn the bar as well.  I must have turned it just a tad when I put the cone foot on.  But since I wasn't doing any SID, I didn't notice it.  My husband came upstairs to my studio and fixed it all perfect for me.   

Thanks Again!

Archived