Which direction

From the rear side of the machine you would start at the right and move left.  Brenda occasionally will do the first pass that way travel down the edge of the quilt and do the second pass in reverse.  She started that after seeing me go both directions with the IQ.  I've heard some owners of other brand machines say they can't go the reverse direction without breaking threads but I can't see any difference in stitch quality with either of ours.

Nigel

I was taught to go from right to left, so that's what I mostly do. But sometimes I draw my own border designs in EQ7 and print them out, and now that you asked and I started thinking about it, I realized that with those I go whichever way feels better to me. I haven't had any issues with thread breaks so far going in the opposite direction.

Beatrice, how do you use the EQ printed borders to sew the sides of the quilt?  Do you turn the quilt, or have some other method?

Bonnie, for pantos, I start at the right, but go both directions and never had a thread break issue.

Archived