Longarm Quilting Retreat - Camp Mowanda

are there beginner classes involved? A lot of times they try to accomodate every skill level. If yes I would say go for it. If not, I would be hesitant only because - and this is personal - I went to a beginner class and everyone except me was a beginner - I still haven't figured that one out. Try to talk to the host and see what they say.

I totally agree if they have classes geared for all levels you are more than qualified for them....And if they have classes that are a little above what you think you are...those usually turn out okay as well, because the instructors instruct as if they are talking to a beginning level with a few upper level buzz words. :P

I would think any class you could get to would be well worth the money, but again I love classes.

Where is this class at, do they have a website...maybe I would like to come as well.

Hi Irene I see you found your way over here :)

In any case I assume that it is a three day class? If so you are basicly paying between 3-4 hundered per day. I would say that would likely equate to something between 1-2 hundred for the 6 hour class. That does sound about right to me for an all day class.

Can you find out who the instructor is and see if they have a website. Is there a class syllubus so you can see the topics covered.

I will say it sounds like great fun and you wil get to meet with lot of other longarmers. Sometimes I learn things in classes from other students as well as from the instructor.

Guess it boils down to if you want to spend you money on a class or goodies and gadgets for your machine.

I would love to go to a reatreat like that myself!

Good to see you over here!

Hi Ami - I've been here for a while - I can only dream about being as good as some of the quilters on this site. My biggest hesitation was not so much about the cost but about being in over my head.

However, Dixie and I have decided to attend so we are really looking forward to 'kicking it up a notch' as far as our longarming is concerned.

Irene

Irene I would much rather be in over my head than be in a class that is something I am already familiar with and can do in my sleep. Figure if it is advanced you will likely be challenged and really come away with tons of new info and inspiration.

Sounds like if you and Sandy go together you will both have a blast.

The only way to get better is to keep pushing yourself to try new things and practice them till they become second hand. I think that quilting for others has really helped me because of the sheer volume of what I have done. I also try to push the envelope as much as I can.

I also find that I am always searching webshots and other sites for ideas and draw alot of designs. The drawing has really helped more than I can say because I work out the design in my head and then on paper before I begin to quilt it.

Do let us know how the retreat goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Ladies

Sue Patten here, if you are all talking about Deloa Jones retreat it is a blast!!! There are classes for all levels, the retreat is held in Ohio at a wonder location and all the teachers hang out with the students at night to answers question,have show and tell and play on the machines in our PJ's The food is great the teachers are wonderful and I love to teach there because it is a very friendly relaxed week end of learning... if you are looking for info just contact DeLoa Jones from the rep. page and ask her if there is any spaces left, they go quickly as those who have been in the past always want to return. I am sure that this year will be awesome as the years gone past and hope to see some of you there...:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived