Small projects

Jeanne just posted a Beautiful picture of her Granddaughters with their completed Pillows..

I would love to do small items on my new Lucey as they did... :)

How do I load small items like Pillows, table runners etc on my Lucey frame?  I only need a small piece of backing fabric, so this really has me stumped!

Thanks for the insight.

Happy Quilting

Hi Rosemary.  I made some placemats for our son's new house and wanted to quilt them on my Lenni just to see how I would go about it.  I only got my machine in the fall.  So here's a few pics of what I did, very similar to Ann's response, but I wanted each placemat back to be different.  So I made up each individual backing making them just a little bit larger than the tops to give me wiggle room and then pieced it with scraps top and bottom to attach it to the leaders. Before loading it I placed the batting and placemat tops where I wanted them and pin basted them on my ironing board surface to make sure they would end up in the right place.  It sounds tedious and but it worked really well!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Ann and Kathy,

That is what I figured I was going to have to do :)

Thanks for the response and I love both projects, there are so many ideas popping thru my brain!!  I already had placemats in mind.. oh boy, now I can add big Christmas stockings for the Grandkids!!

I want to do so much and seems all the other projects in life  (especially summer time)  get to take precedence over sewing!  :(

I really can't wait to try this.. at least I will be able to play with my new Lucey with smaller projects, just so that I can "play" and not have to wait until I finish a whole big quilt.

Happy Quilting and Thank you :) 

Archived