Cactus Collage quilted

Here is My latest Collage quilt ready for Squaring and binding This is a Laura Heine Collage pattern called Cactus collage sampler. I shrunk this to 60% of the original size. My Mother saw one in our Local Show and she said It was her favorite quilt at the show so I thought I could make that for her birthday.  I have included before after quilting  and the back  I also included a copy of my doodle of how I was going to quilt this. Thanks for looking Have a great day

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: indoor

Terry;

Great job piecing and quilting.  I am sure that Mom is going to love it.  I have to say when I first saw your doodle for the quilt design, I thought you had done the back in green and wondered how you had the threads balance so well.  Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Cagey

2 hours ago, Kwiltr said:

That would have been a fun quilt to make!  Looks like you had fun quilting it too!  Great job all round.  I'm sure your mom will be tickled pink with it :) .

I did have fun quilting this Kathy I am sure she will be pleased .Time will tell I guess

1 hour ago, MaryQuiltsTx said:

Beautiful work. Your "doodle" is very interesting too. I would find that as much work as the quilting. :blink: I'm not quite there yet in designing and quilting so really interesting to see how you develop ideas. Thanks

I did it on a 3 1/2 hour plane ride it passed the time and when I got home I was ready for the quilt.

Having lived in the southwest for 20 years, I LOVE this quilt and know many who would!  As a newbie, I also enjoyed and appreciated the 'doodle'.  What great insight that is for any of us that don't have the experience or, in many cases, needing some inspiration.  Thanks for posting!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived